6|| Rules

I opened my door and wobbled down the stairs to the best of my abilities, I couldn't remember which way to go

I opened my door and wobbled down the stairs to the best of my abilities, I couldn't remember which way to go. I picked right.

I continued walking down until I bumped into a hard back, so hard my nose started bleeding. I held my hand over my nose trying to pinch it to suppress the blood.

The person turned around and I saw Ace, great.

"What do you want?! Answer me you little brat." He growled. I flinched and his eyes softened for a slit second before his face turned hard.

"I-I'm sorry I w-was trying to find the k-kitchen." I whispered.

He rolled his eyes and walked further down the hall not even giving me any directions.

I turned around and walked back the way I came went back up the stairs and to my room and into the bathroom to fix up my nose.

After that I sat on my bed and checked the time, 6:15 pm. Great I'm late. Now I'll really get beat.

I huffed and went back down the stairs taking a left this time and finding a kitchen but not the right one.

I kept walking around until I finally found the dining room while everyone was eating.

"I thought you were tired Taliah?" Roman said. I furred my eyebrows and looked at Ace who had a smirk on his face. Hey, that rhymed! Not the point Taliah.

"O-oh umm I'm not anymore." I whispered. Matteo told me to sit next to him which I did.

The maid brought me my plate which consisted of lasagna and garlic cheesy bread. It looked amazing but I knew I couldn't eat it, it's a trap.

Everyone continued eating as I sat there waiting for them to be done. "What's wrong with the food." Vincent asked me. All eyes were on me waiting for me to answer.

"Oh nothing." I said in a small voice. "Then why aren't you eating?" Ace asked.

"I-I can eat this?" I said. Everyone's eyebrows were furred with confusion even Ace.

"What do you mean? Of course you can eat it." Matteo said.

"Oh, okay then." I said. I was very hungry so I just gave in, if I pay for my stupid act then so be it.
I took one bite and the flavors bursted in my mouth, the red meat filling was devine , the buttery garlic bread made everything better.

I only ate a quarter of my plate before I was stuffed.

I sat back in my chair with my hand on my stomach, I know it's not 'lady like' but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Ace looked at me and glared "is the food not good enough for you? Not up to your standards?" He asked.

"Oh- uh n-no it's amazing, I'm f-full." I stuttered. "You've only eaten a tiny bit." Romano said.

"I'm sorry I-I'll eat m-more" I said. I ate twice as much I couldn't eat another bite.

I suddenly felt a lump in my throat rising up. I stood up abruptly and ran till I found the stairs, I went to my room and threw up in the bathroom toilet.

I felt someone holding my hair as I continued to empty my stomach.

I sat on the floor with my eyes closed while breathing heavily I felt a cold cloth being wiped across my mouth, I opened my eyes to see Vincent looking at me with concern.

My eyes widened and I scooted back agasnt the wall. "I'm s-sorry I made a s-scene" I whispered.

"It's fine, but I will talk to Roman about your portion sizes as you eat more we will up the amount. Okay?" He said.

I nodded and stood up with Vincent following suit. "Romano wants to see you in his office." Vincent said.

"Oh are you okay to go? He can talk to you tomorrow. You know cause you puked." He added quickly.

I softly smiled and shook my head. I walked out my room just to go back inside because I had no idea where to go.

"Directions?" Vincent questioned. I nodded and he waved me over indicated me to follow.

After walking or in my case limped for about 5 minutes we arrived at big black double doors.

Vincent left and I knocked on the door. "Come in"

I walked in to see a sleek black table with two chairs on my side and one chair in the other.

The room was filled with bookshelves that held sculptures of dogs?

"Taliah? Have a seat." Romano said. I muttered a quick apology before sitting down.

"Now that your here I will lay down the rules of his house and for school which we'll discuss later, rule one, no backtalking, two, never disobey me or your brothers unless one of them tell you to do something stupid.

Three, maintain A's and B's I looked at your old records and saw you were at the top of all your classes, you will probably be put in senior classes with Ace and Asher, you will be staring scool on Monday, today if Friday so you have time to prepare. Four, always ask me or your brothers to leave the house, Five, always keep your head high. When speaking, always look in the eyes. Your a Moretti I expect you to act like it. And number Six. The most important rule of them all, No Boyfriends." He finished.

No boyfriends? I was never interested but why not ask? I took a deep breath, looked him in his eyes, and asked my question.

"Why no boyfriends?" I asked with a new found confidence. "Well I don't know let's make a list. There nasty, there hormonal, and if they were anything like me they should be put in their place." He said.

"Okay" I whispered. I fiddled with fingers in my lap, The confidence left as quickly as it came. "Rule number Five?" Romano questioned.

I looked into is brown eyes seeing so many emotions, like a worldwind that never stops turning.

He finally left his gaze from my face glaring at the ground. He broke rule five.

"Your brothers will be taking you shopping. You can go rest or ask Matteo to give you a tour, your choice." He said dismissing me. "Okay thanks." I whispered.

I walked out the office trying not to limp, and started my journey to find room.

I finally remember my way back to my room and laid on my bed.

I pulled the blankets up to my chin and snuggled into the warm fluffy bed.

Just as I was falling asleep I heard my door open, I was to tired to open my eyes so I kept them closed,

"You'll never understand how much how much I missed you Sorellina my world revolves around you, I love you so much." The voice said.

I felt a soft kiss on my forehead and retreating footsteps out of my room.

I slowly fell asleep thinking who's voice that belonged to.....

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! QOTD: Would you rather eat veggies or fruit for the rest of your life? I chose fruit, because I love fruit! Please vote, comment, and follow.
Mya❤️