The End of the Golden Banquet and a New Threat

Start from the beginning

"...Whatever it is, you can't judge something to be good or evil when just because they exist in this world. You saved us. For that reason alone, Hinatsu Hagane is valuable to us."

"!!"

Hearing Koba's words, Hagane flushed. A special bond was forming between the two, who had met for the first time today.

Kondo and his men were then apprehended for the current offense of violating the Firearms Control Law. Koba, Yadoya, and Hagane were also to accompany them as witnesses. The members of the Hasena family who reported them saw off the police convoy from the front lobby. Of course, Ryuji and Teru were among them.

"...I never thought this would happen. Sorry, Teru."

"...N-no, you don't have to apologize, Ryūjin-sama!"

Teru rapidly shook her head. But there was one more thing he needed to apologize to her for.

"And for what Sumika and my uncle said and done, treating you like an animal... You don't need to worry, I'll speak to them, especially to Sumika."

Ryuji was worried that his relatives' words and actions were hurting her. He also felt ashamed of himself for not being able to speak strongly enough to his relatives.

"...? I don't really mind, though."

However, contrary to her expectations, Teru frowned. Seeing this expression, Ryuji's guilt eased slightly.

Thus, the abduction of a Midas girl, which took place behind the dinner party held by the Agriculture Minister, was revealed through the activities and recklessness of two high school boys, and ended with an easy conclusion of a report by the dinner party attendees. The Midas group, an unacknowledged demi-human, was then registered in the government archives, ending their life in the shadows. In accordance with government policy, they were later designated as a "Protected Species" along with the Mermaids and several others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midas

A race of demi-humans who secretly entered Japan during the 15 years in Terralus, and have the ability to transform anything they touch into gold. Because of their rarity and high price, they were the target of slave hunting not only by humans but also by other demi-humans and were in danger of extinction when they moved to Japan. They are the most miserable race in Terralus.

The power to "manipulate" gold, which was manifested in Hinatsu Hagane, is a side effect of interbreeding with other races after migrating to Japan and is not an ability inherent to the Midas people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 31, 2112

Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, Japanese Empire

Time flies, and summer arrives in Japan. People go about the streets as usual. Among them, there are those with bodies that do not resemble humans... or the demi-humans. Monsters, yōkai, ghosts... the country where such beings are mingled with human society is none other than the Japanese Empire.

Although many demi-humans are physically superior to humans, there is an overwhelming difference in numbers between the two, and human society remains at the center. However, there are those who are planning to challenge their position.

"In this world, the strong should subdue the weak. Therefore, humans surpassed other animals with their power of civilization and became the rulers of this world. It is inevitable. However, humans are no longer the strongest. Our conquest of humans is absolutely justified, just like humans have conquered other living beings throughout their long history."