Golden Power and the Fateful Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Isn't it obvious!? We're going to rescue Yohatsu-chan! Let's go to that Hotel E Bellissimo Notte!"

The two ran toward the mastermind's location. The struggle for the girl with the hand of gold is about to reach its climax.

Hotel E Bellissimo Notte

About an hour later, a party hosted by Hideyoshi Sakuma, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, was continuing in the Kujaku Chamber on the top floor of Hotel E Bellissimo Notte. However, the host of the party was not at the venue, because he was summoned by the owner of the hotel on his way to the venue. He had just been invited to the CEO's office of Yoshimitsu Kondo Adelson, CEO of Resorts Sands Planet, which manages the hotel. He was sitting on the reception couch, staring at the night view of the casino resort.

"What is your game? Why would you call me so suddenly?"

"Sorry, It'll just be a moment..."

Standing near the sofa were the CEO's subordinates, men in black. They placated Sakuma to wait a little longer. Then a man entered through the door.

"Minister Sakuma, I am sorry to keep you waiting. I have something very positive for you."

"...Something very positive...?"

The man who appeared was Yoshimitsu Kondo Adelson. Sakuma remained indignant, but showed interest in what he said, "something very positive." Kondo smiled as expected, sat down opposite him, and continued the conversation.

"In this 22nd century... in this unstable world, nothing has absolute value anymore. This country may be swallowed by the wave of global political instability at any moment. But one thing is certain: the value of a substance will never waver as long as mankind exists... We have the means to create that certain substance from nothing."

"A certain substance...?"

Sakuma raised his eyebrows. Kondo signaled to his subordinates standing in front of the door and instructed them to open the door to the CEO's office. Behind the opened door stood a young girl. She was flanked on both sides by strong black-suited men. The girl's face was frightened.

"What in the world...!?"

Sakuma instantly sensed the discomfort and turned suspicious at Kondo and his underlings. The girl entered the room without prompting, approaching Sakuma and Kondo's side.

"Her name is Yohatsu Hagane-san, our collaborator with great ability."

"...Collaborator?"

Sakuma glared at Kondo, who remained nonchalant and continued talking.

"Well then, Hagane-san... Please show the minister your power."

"Yes..."

Hagane did as she was told and placed her right hand on the table. He then activated the power that defined the Midas demi-humans.

"...Mano Derecha de Midas!" ("The Right Hand of Midas")

"!!?"

At that instant, the glass table in front of Sakuma's eyes quickly transformed into a shining golden table. Sakuma shot up in shock.

"...T-this is!?"

"It is unmixed, 100% pure gold. She is a Midas, the demi-human race that is not officially acknowledged, and anything she touches can be transformed into gold."

Kondo explained about Hagane's ability. Sakuma was moved by the beauty of the huge gold that appeared before him.

"Gold is a substance that has maintained its absolute value throughout the long history of mankind, and even after the gold standard ended in the latter half of the 20th century, central banks in various countries kept gold as a safe asset common to the world... And now, Japan can be said to be the strongest country in the world. However, Japan's gold holdings have not changed since the 21st century, and it still lags behind the rest of the world."