Chapter five | Depths | edited

Start from the beginning

"I wish to give this to Miyuki as a gift, seeing as she claims to want to become a seven swordsman," she explained, walking over to Miyuki. A soft wind blew around them.

"A gift?" Miyuki repeated, leaning back on her hands as she continued to stare at the weapons body. It looks familiar, she thought with curiosity filling her senses.

"It's the same one from this week." Hitomi added, as if reading Miyuki thoughts. It had a diamond shaped tip, the same of which was used to attack the Mizukage.

"Oh, it is to," Miyuki awkwardly crawled from under the sword, standing up next to it. "Well I guess this is where I say thank you?" She exclaimed, now finally meeting Hitomi's eyes.

"Whatever, but I would get up now, here come the others." Hitomi answered, waving her off as Miyuki then proceeded to pull the handle of the weapon. It took some strength, but it soon slid from its cut.

"Team Hitomi," a masculine voice stated from behind them all. They all turned to see a group of ninja.

Uta swept her gaze across the ensemble. There were many, around 20 altogether. One person caught her gaze especially.

A boy, with black hair and red eyes. He was staring straight back at her, his face emotionless, not displeased or taunting, but neutral.

That's a first, Uta awkwardly thought, quickly pulling her eyes away as another boy approached her way.
The boy was familiar, his forest green hair neatly swept to one side.

"Seriously? You're coming with us?" He asked mortified, staring at Uta although talking to the three of them.

Miyuki curiously shifted her eyes over the boy, taking in his appearance. And then she smirked, raising one of her fine eyebrows.

"Your point is?" Uta calmly replied to everyone's surprise.

She felt somewhat confident when the boy blinked in surprise, but it soon turned into a sour expression.

"Shouldn't you be somewhere getting beat up or something?" He retorted, smirking slightly when he noticed Raiden clenching his fist tightly. Uta blankly stared at him in return.

"Maybe I should be, though I warn you. I may kill them this time." She threatened, narrowing her eyes.

"Kill someone? We all know you're a murderer, there's no need to prove it further." He exclaimed, closing his eyes as he let out a mocking chuckle.

Uta could feel her nerves rising as the man started to walk towards her with a smile.

"She died, and yet you're this weak," he taunted, "see." He pulled his arm back as his fist closed.

Who is he talking about? Raiden and Miyuki simultaneously thought.

Smack!

The boys eyes widened in shock as his fist was blocked by Uta's palm.

"You're an idiot," she muttered, calmly staring into his eyes as she increased her pressure onto his hand.

The boy seemed to be frozen as everyone stared with shock, Raiden silently sighed in relief when he realized that Uta wasn't hit.

He was about to kick this guy in the head if he went any further. The guy seemed to distracted to realize Uta's next actions, until.

Crack!

Slowly, the boys face twisted into a agonised expression, full of pain as Uta removed her hand from his.

He screeched staring at his palm, his wrist was hanging at an unnatural direction, indicating that it was broken.