Prologue

A light breeze whooshed around the wooded mountain cliff top, an unnatural presence giving the atmosphere a mystical vibe.

The breeze picked up, and the leaves swirled in circles.

Something, or someone, was coming.

A circular golden portal opened out of nowhere, and a fluffy figure jumped out.

It was a humanoid fox, her fur bright yellow-orange, with big blue eyes and an enormously fluffy tail.

She checked the beeping yellow contraption in her hand and nodded approvingly.

"If these readings are accurate, he's here! I've found him!"

She said happily, twitching her tail excitedly.

"I just hope I'm not too late."

Her smile turned into a determined smirk.

She brandished her tail and it unwound into two tails, both super fluffy and the same color as her fur, with a white tip at the end.

The fox trotted toward the edge of the cliff and casually hopped off, then rose again, her twin tails whirling like a helicopter.

She reared back for a moment, then zoomed forward, faster than your average peregrine falcon.

Once she left, the portal closed and the mystical breeze turned normal.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary and the unnatural stuff disappeared, quickly making it seem as though an alien creature had not just appeared out of thin air.

Edit: Sorry, I'm going back through and re-editing it, as I missed a few spots the first time around.