"He doesn't care Avery" Sebastian finally speaks up with a small crack and a low tone to his voice as he turns to face me. I reach my other hand to his and pull it into both my hands, holding it close, "Seb-"

He shakes his head biting at his lip and squeezing it onto both of my hands, "He said he never did anything wrong, that I've always overreacted and didn't appreciate the dedication he put out for me." he swallows, blinking to clear out his eyes. "He said the life I've built for me today and the path that I'm headed towards is all his commitment to making me a better man, that I should thank him."

"How could he not realize that my path today is not much to be proud of, I would have been far ahead if I didn't fall off the rails as an early teen if I wasn't pushed into agony and overworked for his benefit. Five years is enough to get your shit together, but those years without any form of closure doubles your pain and healing time." He wipes away the tears that clung to his face and rush his hand through his hair yet again.

Sebastian lifts his head to the ceiling and lets out a laugh while shaking his head softly, he smacks at his lips and turns back to face me. "He thought I came back to apologize for abandoning him."

"HIM- V, he swore I abandoned him. I was the child, I needed my father more than he needed me." I could hardly react to all that was being said, how things were opposite of what we'd expected and how his dad was as horrible as Sebastian had described him before.

"What's worst of all, he had his fiancé in there, adding in her two cents. If I didn't have the slightest bit of respect for him, I would have had you in there with me to help defend." I feel my heart smile at the mention of Sebastian wanting me to help back him up.

"The wife-to-be that suddenly replaced my mother after my mother recently discovered he'd been cheating for years and fell out of love with her ages ago." He adds and I raise my brow.

"Where's your mom now?" I question, not being able to prevent my curiosity.

"My Mother decided she wanted a change in life, so she moved across the country in hopes to find herself but I couldn't go with her as she hoped and she couldn't stay so this ring-" Sebastian reached to circle the ring on the hand I held while a smile grows to his lips. "-Was her parting gift, in her words to remind you that I will always love you and I will be back eventually but for now goodbye. We stay in contact and she often sends me images of how happy she is."

Sebastian meets my eyes with a slow rising smile on his lips and the pain slowly fading from his eyes, "At one point my mother was my everything, then the pain my father caused became my anything, and now that both have come to pass and I am healing away from my fathers hold-" He reaches to pull my hand back in his, holding it intently, "-I want you to be a part of my journey to discovering who I truly am without my mother or father, I want to continue falling in love with you without the fear of failure holding me back." He says with a smile, nodding his head.

My eyes widen and Sebastian stops, realizing what he had said as the terror fills his eyes, "forget what I just said" he laughs awkwardly shaking his head.

"Thank you for letting me vent Avery, I needed that, I feel like I can move the universe now" he smiles cheekily, hoping to steer away from his confession. As much as I'd love to drag out his words and overindulge in what he said, I feed into the new ones.

"I want nothing more than for you to feel comfortable with me," I say and he nods, picking up his glass of water and dropping a lemon in. I grin at the fact he does exactly what I do when faced with water and lemons. I repeat his actions and sip until I sigh relieving my thirst.

"You're a rather silent girl" Sebastian cocks his brow, catching my wondered attention.

"What's that supposed to mean?"