High School of Magic and Witchcraft

Start from the beginning

Fifteen years later, the Iturup Government returned to Earth and found their homeland, the Russian Federation, in ruins, having fallen due to economic collapse and a series of civil wars and conflicts. They chose the path of incorporation into Japan, which they had once rejected. The government of Iturup suddenly refused to communicate with the government of the Russian Federation, attacked the Russian border guards stationed in the Kuril Islands, and captured the entire island chain. This was a surprise to the Russian government, which had been struggling to settle a civil war on the continent. The Japanese government repeatedly stated that it hoped for a peaceful resolution to the civil war that had erupted on Etorofu, taking no sides.

Later, the Iturup Government established the Kuril Supreme Assembly, which held a vote for all the residents of the Kuril Islands, and with their support for independence, declared the establishment of the new Republic of Kuril. The Russian government dispatched its military forces for the first time to capture the Republic of Kuril.

The Japanese government, which had been quietly watching the situation, dispatched the Self-Defense Forces to the Kuril Islands in response to a request for help from the Kuril Supreme Assembly, under the guise of "defense of the people of Kunashiri Island." Japan's aggressive military action against Russia was a shock to the international community, but Japanese public opinion, which had been repeatedly victorious in a series of wars in the other world, was not so concerned about the military sortie. The Japanese government then deployed the flying battleship Fusō, a superweapon of the 28th century.

As a first strike, the Fusō unleashed a 28th-century electronic attack. The Fusō's EMP was like a powerful solar flare, shutting down the Russian warship's electrical equipment and immediately disabling it. In addition, it fired a warning shot from the neutral particle cannon, destroying without a trace one of the islands that made up the Kuril Islands. The Russians then returned to Vladivostok, relying on their sextant and compass, in August 2041.

On September 1, 2041, the Republic of Kuril passed a resolution requesting to be annexed to Japan, and the Japanese government announced its policy to accept the request. After the signing and ratification of the annexation treaty, the Republic of Kuril was annexed to Japan. Thus, the Kuril Islands were restored to Japan after 96 years.

The Russo-Japanese conflict in the Kuril Islands and annexation of the Kurils made the existence of the flying battleship Fusō known to the world. The International Federation (IF) declared the Fusō a weapon of mass destruction and demanded that it be placed under joint international control and that Japan join the IF. The Japanese government firmly refused to submit the Fusō.

In response to the Japanese government's refusal to show any signs of relinquishing the Fusō, even though it was making enemies of the international community, the IF made a concession, and in 2042, when Japan joined the IF, the submission of the Fusō was postponed in exchange of a pledge to ban all military operations, including mounted aircraft.

"The Fusō must have been traumatic for the Russian government. That ship is the very heart of Japan's national defense today."

Even though the international community has forbidden its military use, the Fusō sits in Yokosuka, staring skyward. The Fusō's search-and-intercept capability, which was built on the premise of fighting in outer space, is something that the military power of the 22nd century can never hope to compete with. The existence of the Fusō plays a major role in the national defense of Japan, which has become a virtual enemy of the United States.

And the countries of the world are thirsting for the Fusō and the technological power of the 28th century that is hidden in this ship. And this will become a conspiracy involving the demi-humans, which will attack this country.