Clubs Info

They go and sit on the stairs to enjoy their breakfast and wait for the rest of their group to arrive. Sarah and Charlotte are the next two to join them as Bella finishes her dish of yogurt. 

"Good morning," they greet each other.

"Yesterday, you didn't come at all." Sarah says.

"Today, you're the first of those who don't stay in the dorms to arrive." Charlotte finishes.

"Yeah, about that. Due to my godfathers job, he is going to be out of town for a while. So, I thought I would stay on the dorms until he comes back since his son is staying with one of Mr. Aaron's coworker's husband and son."

"That may explain why Dobby is currently deep cleaning your house." Blaise says joining the group. "I stopped by to come to school with you, but Mitsy told me you had already left."

"So sweet," Sarah says. "Anyway, it's Tuesday and Nature club meets today. So I'll be joining the study group in the library while Charlotte attends, since she can't apparates that well yet and she hates using the floo. Besides I need a little help with one of my classes."

"We just talked about it yesterday and I already forgot." Sky says. "But I didn't think those started until next week. After a the Quidditch Tryouts are over with."

"You're right the official first meeting isn't until next week. This week is really just to get the bird pamphlets and the hiking schedule."Charlotte explains. "You can also chat with the teacher supervising the club, Miss. Hymnway. She is one of the herbology teachers and she loves being out in the woods."

"There was a rumor a few years ago that her husband had a cottage built in the woods on his family property for their anniversary and now she barely goes to the main house." Sarah says.

"Not a rumor. She actually confirmed the cottage. However it was not for their anniversary. It was a Christmas gift from his parents to them and it was so they would move closer to the rest of the family with what was at the time the only two grandchildren." Charlotte says. "The cottage is apparently quite comfortable and it has had to be expanded just this summer for the next member of their family who will be joining them this December. I ran into her the other day and had a lovely little conversation. Many of her nature buddies as she calls them get along great with her."

"Yeah. Charlotte can take two hours after a meeting to come find me in the library.” Sarah says. “Anyway, not only does the Nature club do that but basically every club in the school does it. That way the students have plenty of time to read over the materials and ask the teachers any questions.”

“Also, I heard that the new potions teacher, Mr. Snape is taking over the club this year, since the last supervisor retired,” Charlotte says. “My brother, Peter, was in the club but he graduated last year. I wonder if Mr. Snape will be making any changes to the club.”

“Don’t know, but he seems to be a good teacher.” Sky says. “I’m really looking forward to Potions club. I already have an idea brewing in the back of my head and I can’t really test it out in class but a Potions club may be a good spot to test it out.”

“As long as you don’t make anything explode.” Thomas says.

“That happened once.”

“Last week, do I need to remind you that you have a tendency to make something explode at least once a week.” Thomas says. “You’re lucky mother didn’t kick you out the house again.”

“She would have kicked me out for less than that if you and Norville hadn’t been there. You know she hates my very guts.”

“Still don’t understand that.” Norville says.

“Yeah, I mean we are twins and I’m the younger one.”

“By two minutes.” Sky says. “But you are the boy.”

“And Dad certainly likes you.” Thomas says.

“But at least he doesn’t treat you like Mother treats me.” Sky says.

“Do we even want to know?” Bella asks.

“Even if you did, now is not the time to ask.” Sky says. “The bell is about to ring to get to class.”