Settling into the Dorms

Bella gives Jack a kiss on the forehead before making sure he is tucked in tight for the night. “See you tomorrow, Jack.”

“Good night, Bella,” he says before she slips from the room. Aaron has already hung up the phone.

Bella spots Wil coming out of his son's as they both quietly close the doors. They both quietly walk down the stairs and to the front door where they bid each other good night. He closes the door behind her as she makes her way back to her house, wanting to enjoy the rather peaceful night.

She sighs as she makes it back to her home and goes inside. She heads up to her room and pulls several outfits out of her closet, a few casual, a few informal, and one really nice one. She finds a small duffel bag suitcase in her closet and places the outfits in it. Then she grabs a few pairs of shoes to go with the outfits and puts those in as well. Finally she grabs her spare hairbrush and some extra toiletries and under clothes and puts them in as well. She grabs some hair supplies and places them in a smaller Ziploc bag first before throwing them in the duffel bag.

Then she grabs some night clothes to wear to bed and slaps her forehead and throws some of those in the now magically expanded duffel bag. She puts the duffel bag by her school bag and goes for a shower. She then climbs into bed a quickly falls asleep.

The next morning, she gets dressed in khaki shorts and a mint green button down shirt. Her necklace dangled from beneath her collar and she put on mint green converse. She sat down at the armour and Mitsy came in to do her hair. She grabbed her lip gloss and stuck it in her crossbody purse before grabbing her duffel bag and her bookbag and heading downstairs.

She set her bags on the couch before heading to the kitchen to find Dobby making pancakes. "Good morning, Dobby." She says in greeting as she grabs herself a cup for some milkz and a plate for a few pancakes. "Thank you for making breakfast."

"Your welcome, Miss. Bella," he replies, taking the last pancake out of the pan and snapping his fingers for it to float to the sink to be washed. The three of them again enjoy their meal out on the back patio before Bella informs the two housewives of her plans and apparates to school.

She is about forty-five minutes early for the first bell and quickly rereads the packet on the dorms before following the map to her dormitory and going inside. The door to the common area of the dorms isn't locked so that students from other dormitories can come and wait on their friends comfortably rather than standing out in the hallway.

She follows the signs in the dorms to her room area and then located the door with her name on it. Tapping the plate on the door with her name on it with her wand she sets her password. In parseltongue, of course before walking inside and emptying the duffel bag. She quickly puts her things away, right before someone knocks on her door.

She takes one last glance around the room to make sure nothing is out of place before opening her door. Sky is right outside her door. "So it was you I heard in there. I'm next door." She says pointing to the room to the left.

"So we're neighbors.." Bella says grabbing her bookbag from by the door.

"Yeah, so why you coming to stay in the dorms?" As the enter the common room and Thomas and Norville join them.

"Well, Mr. Aaron are away for a little while and are not sure when they will be back, so Jack is staying with the LeMontagnes until he gets back.Which leaves me in the house with just Mitsy and Dobby and don't get me wrong they are wonderful company but I thought I could use their time to get know some more of the girls around our age here."

"Oh, so you want something like a girls' night?" Thomas asks.

"Exactly," Bella says.

"Well this should be fun." Sky says. "As you may have noticed the dormitory really has three common areas. The main common area, the girls common area and the boys common area from my understanding. Now Friday is usually the day for a slumber party but there are study parties held throughout the week where the older students help the younger students that are struggling out. In the afternoon after last class, there is a big study group that meets in the library but after dinner we all go to the dorms so we won't miss curfew if we get caught up in our studies. The teachers in charge of the dorms will come around at curfew and remind everyone that lights out is in an hour. So we usually break the group up at that time."

"The boys will join in on the library study group but then the main common area is where the students who want to play go to hang out so that is why we break down into boys and girls after dinner." Thomas says. "At least that's how it works for those in my dormitory." Sky and Norville nod in agreement.

"Well, let's show her how breakfast works around here." Norville says as they reach the great hall.

Sky laughs at that. "Norville, breakfast works the same way lunch does." She drags Bella over to the boards.  She finds her name and taps it. She waits a few minutes before she is served a bowl of oatmeal, a cup of milk and a bowl of fruit. "All students can come here and get breakfast. Even if they don't stay in the dorms."

Bella goes and finds her name and gets a bowl of Greek yogurt topped with fresh fruit and a cup of chocolate milk. "Nice."