Plans

Bella and Blaise come out of their daze and blink a few times as they come back to the present. “So did you invite them over or did you just leave it at that?” Bella asks, looking at the three adults settled in the room.

Aaron smiles at her and glances at something behind her. “They invited us over.” Bella jumps up spins around and gives the cheerful lady a big hug.

“Penelope,” She says happily.

“Hello, Bella, Dobby just finished giving us a tour of this house.” Rossi says from beside Penelope. “Who is your friend?” He eyes Blaise up and down.

“Oh, yes. Mr. Rossi, Penelope, this is my boyfriend, Blaise Zabini. Blaise, this is Miss. Penelope Garcia, and Mr. David Rossi.”

“Zabini, you wouldn’t happen to be Francesca Zabini’s son, would you?” David asks.

“That is my mother’s name.” Blaise answers.

“Well, she texted me earlier and when I got a chance I called her. You two will be moving in with me. That will make the house less empty.” Rossi says.

“You don’t have a house,” Penelope starts.

“You have a mansion,” Penelope, JJ, and Aaron finish together.

Rossi playfully glares at the three of them.

“Good thing, we haven’t really unpacked anything yet. When will we be moving?”

“Your mother said you two would be ready as soon as tomorrow afternoon, so we thought that while you were at school on wednesday, she could get you two settled in. She and I will be discussing what furniture she will be keeping out and which pieces of furniture she and I need to put in storage since she does have some family heirlooms that we would like to keep out.” Rossi says.

“Then I better go back to the apartment and help her pack the stuff we did pull out.” He leans over and gives Bella a kiss on the cheek. “I will see you tomorrow at school.”

She smiles up at him. “See you tomorrow. Love you.” He smiles at her before walking outside and down the driveway to apparate near his apartment building.

“Okay, so how do we go about seeing if Reid and Morgan can be trusted with the secret of magic,” JJ asks as Penelope and Rossi sit on either side of Bella.

“If we just leave it up to Henry doing accidental magic in front of them, then that could take forever.” Bella points out.

“We could leave some magical items laying around and see how they react to those.” Rossi says.

“Maybe we should talk to someone in the MACUSA about this.” Bella says. “We need to make sure that whatever we do, they are aware of it.” Just then a knock sounds at the door. Bella gets up to answer it. “Oh, perfect,” she says, as she leads the MACUSA auror inside. “We were just discussing something and wanted to make sure the MACUSA were aware of it.”

“Yes, Director Strauss informed us of the plan and let us know that Miss. Penelope Garcia was already aware of the existence of magic and since she has not told anyone else as far as we know, everything is fine. We just want to be aware of how you are going to approach the subject with the other two members of their team.”

“That is what we are trying to figure out now.” Rossi says as the MACUSA member sits down in one of the chairs as Bella takes her previous seat between Rossi and Garcia.

“And what have you come up with so far?”

“Henry doing accidental magic in front of them, but there is no telling when that would happen.” JJ says.

“Leaving some magical items out in the open in our homes when they visit. Some things that would not be dangerous if they touched them or messed with them in any way.” Rossi explains his idea a little better.

“Moving portraits are a good idea, for that one, especially if they were to start a conversation with the two of them though Reid may just write it off as some sort of science so we will need to do more to convince him than Morgan.” Bella says.

“Moving portraits would be an excellent start, and I have to say that I’m leaning more toward the second idea that your first idea, because then it is more controlled since there is no telling what Henry could cause to happen.” 

“That is true, Mr…” Bella falters.

“Mr. Richardson, Samuel Richardson.”

“Mr. Richardson, some of my cases of accidental magic included apparating to the roof of my elementary school, turning my teachers hair blue, and shrinking a sweater because I didn’t want to wear it.” Bella says. “That does not mean I didn’t do the usual thing of making toys float, but I usually got beat for that, since they were Dudley’s toys, not mine.”

“Wait, they beat you?” all the adults exclaim. 

“Yes, that was one of the things my Mum was afraid of since her sister used to bully her during the summers between years at Hogwarts. That is why her will specifically stated I was not to be sent to live with her no matter what. Of course, that didn’t really work for Dumbledor so he sealed their wills and sent me to live with them anyway. But hey, I’m here now, and they are facing child abuse and neglect charges.”

All the adults smile at her. “What else could we safely leave out for them to find?” Wil asks, switching back to the reason that all of them are gathered there in the first place.

“Brooms at best would just be odd, unless the children were flying on them.” JJ says.

A flash of color catches Bella’s eye and she turns to watch the two boys toss a color changing ball between them. “We could leave that out for them to see.” Bella says, indicating to the ball. “Like the boys didn’t put it away.”

“If we do this at my mansion rather than one of your houses then the boys can just bring it with them to play with.” Rossi says. “I could also leave my study door open, I have a few magical trophies in there that can be seen from the living room.”

"So the dinner idea seems like the better option," Mr. Richardson says. "At least to me."

"The only problem is when to do it," Rossi states.

"How about next Saturday?" Garcia says with a smile. "It would give your cousins time to settle in before they meet the team."

"If this is all settled," Samuel says and after everyone looks at Rossi since they will be using his home he nods. "Then I will let the higher ups know about your plan." He then gets up and leaves.