Part 10

Ayah 32:

وإن كل لما جميع لدينا محضرون

Wa in kullul lammaa jamee'ul-ladainaa muhdaroon

And indeed, all of them will yet be brought present before Us.

History is repeating itself. It has happened time and time again, previously, and now again to these people. Even though they were eradicated, all of them will most definitely be gathered together near Allaah.

In the Hereafter, they will eventually all be presented and placed before Allaah. It is a reminder of accountability for their actions.

MuHDarun| Word Analysis

Allaah does not say حضرون (they will present themselves). He the Exalted uses the passive form, meaning "they will be presented".

They will be forced. Allaah speaks about this elsewhere (41, 19) and (39, 71)

ويوم يحشر أعداء الله إلى النار فهم يوزعون

And [mention, O Muhammad], the Day when the enemies of Allaah will be gathered to the Fire while they are [driven] assembled in rows

وسيق الذين كفروا إلى جهنم زمرا حتى إذا جاءوها فتحت أبوابها وقال لهم خزنتها ألم يأتكم رسل منكم يتلون عليكم آيات ربكم وينذرونكم لقاء يومكم

هذا قالوا بلى ولكن حقت كلمة العذاب على الكافرين

And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups until, when they reach it, its gates are opened and its keepers will say, "Did there not come to you messengers from yourselves, reciting to you the verses of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?" They will say, "yes, but the word of punishment has come into effect upon the disbelievers."

They will be herded like wild beasts and animals, cuffed and chained and collared, to stand before their Lord. And this will be in the truest form of justice because they will be shown what they have done to see for themselves (17, 14)

اقرأ كتابك كفى بنفسك اليوم عليك حسيبا

[It will be said], "Read your own record. Sufficient is yourself against you this Day as an accountant."

It is as if Allaah is saying to you, "You tell me what I should do with you?". This is the reality of the reckoning before Allaah on the Day of Judgment.

Underlying Lessons

We've seen this issue and lessons of da'wah. The progression of da'wah has been clear. There was aggression requiring people to speak up and support the message. The results may not be immediately seen, but the reward is with Allaah. As a consolation and to build conviction for living by the truth, the truth is never eradicated and diminished. It never happens.

In Madinah, things became very difficult, but Allaah brought Fath'l-Makkah.

Allaah says (37, 171-173)

ولقد سبقت كلمتنا لعبادنا المرسلين

And Our word has already preceded for Our servants, the messengers,