31. learn from the past

'When I was a child my brother would tell me a bedtime story about the man that murdered my father' Daenerys told Jaime as he stood before her. Elle stared him down so this was the man, the man called King slayer, her eyes drifted to a nervous Tyrion. Elle liked Tyrion he was a little man with a big heart, and Jaime although he did a lot of wrong he was still Tyrion's brother at the end of the day.

'The man who stabbed him in the back and cut his throat, who sat down on the iron throne and watched as his blood poured onto the floor... he told me other stories as well about all the things we would do to that man once we took back the seven kingdoms and had him in our grasp.' Dany looked over Jaime Lannister with disgust. Standing before her, he didn't look too much like a king slayer right now. 'Your sister pledged to send her army north..."

'She did' Jaime answered.

'I do not see an army I see a man with one hand. It appears your sister lied to me.' Dany told him.

'She lied to me as well' Jaime informed her. 'She never had any intention of sending her fleet north, she now has greyjoys army and the golden company from essos. Even if we defeat the dead she will have more than enough to destroy the survivors. I swore to fight for the living and I intend to keep that promise.' Jaime told her silently pleading for his life.

'Your Grace I know my brother-' tyrion began.

'Like you knew your sister?' dany countered.

'Perhaps we hear what he has to say?" Elle suggested. 'he came all this way knowing he could be killed, eaten, executed on the spot. It shows courage and growth.' Elle admitted and danny stared at her, glared at her.

'He killed-'

'I know, I knew our family. I knew them better than you. But a lot has happened since then. Should we not learn from their mistakes?" elle offered and Danny stared at her in disbelief. She thought of all people that Elle would be on her side.

'He came here alone why would he do that if he were not telling the truth?' Tyrion added sending Elle an grateful smile.

'Perhaps he trusts his little brother to defend him right up until the moment he slit my throat!' Dany threatened.

'We cannot trust him he attacked me my father in the streets and he-' sansa began.

'If you want me to apologize, I won't.' Jaime told them 'we were at war, everything I did, I did for my house and my family and I would do it all again.' He informed them. Elle shook her head, if he at least had the decency to pretend to have remorse.

'The things we do for love' Bran said and Jaime looked to him. The boy knew what he had done.

''So why have you abandoned your house and family now?' Dany questioned

'Because this goes beyond loyalty, this is about survival.' Jaime told her. Brienne of tarth suddenly stood up, catching everyone's attention.

'you do not know me well your Grace,' she approached 'but I know ser Jaime he is a man of honor I was his captor once but when we were both taken prisoner and the men tried to force themselves upon me ser Jaime defended me and he lost his hand because of it. Without him my lady you would not be alive,' she turned to sansa. 'he armed me, an armored me and sent me to find you and bring you home because he had sworn an oath to your mother.' she told Sansa.

'You vouch for him?' sansa questioned

'I do' Brienne told her

'You would fight beside him?'

'I would.' Brienne said with all the certainty in the world

'I trust you with my life,' sansa told her, 'if you trust him with her yours then he should stay.' Sansa told them. Daenerys was not happy about this though she was the queen she should be making these decisions.

'Sansa is the lady of winterfell, this is her holding, if she thinks he should stay then I agree.' Elle said and Elle thought danny was going to crack a tooth with how hard she was grinding her teeth.

'What does the warden of the North think about this?' she asked Jon slightly bitter.

'We need every man we can get' Jon told her simply

'Very well' she agreed. Grey worm handed Jaime back his sword shoving it to his chest

'Thank you your grace' Jaime said bowing his head to her. Everyone started filed out of the room heading in the separate directions except for Bran, he sat staring at Jaime as jon made a quick exit. Elle watched him go confused as she could hear danny yelling and belittling Tyrion from her seat.

'Either you knew cersei was lying or you didn't know anything at all which makes you either a traitor or a fool!' dany snapped at Tyrion once they left. "Cersei still sits on the throne if you cannot help me take it back I will find a new hand.' Dany told Tyrion before marching away.

'I think one of you will be wearing this before this is over.' Tyrion remarked looking down to his hand of the Queen pin. He swallowed the lump in his throat letting out a deep sigh, things were turning more fire and blood Roberts rebellion by the day.

+++

'I'm sorry for what I did to you' Jaime said after moments hesitation, they were outside by the red leafed tree when Jaime found him.

'You weren't sorry then, you were protecting your family.' Bran reminded him

'I am not that person anymore' Jaime told him

'You would still be that person if you hadn't pushed me out the window and I would still be Brandon Stark.' Bran told him

'You're not?' Jaime questioned

'No, I am something else now.' Bran told him.

'You're not angry with me?'

'I'm not angry at anyone anymore' bran

'Why didn't you tell them?' Jaime question

'You won't be able to help us in this fight if I let the murder you first.' Bran assured him

'What about afterwards?'

'How do you know there is an afterwards?' Bran told him.