3. Horikita Suzune SS - Year 2 Volume 5 "Feelings that are hard to control"

"Anyway, I've got my message across. Good luck with the special exam tomorrow."

I didn't finish explaining my whole plan but it wasn't necessary. I quickly left Ayanokoji-kun and returned to my room.

Not because I was in a hurry, but because I felt uncomfortable. In sending the message to Ibuki-san, I reread our stupid conversation of that morning. Well, the fact that Ibuki-san lowers Japan's average IQ by tenfold and makes conversations that of a grade school child is nothing new but that was not the point.

[From: Ibuki] <I heard that Ayanokoji-kun and Karuizawa-san are dating, do you really not care? > sent: 11.50 am - read: 11.52 am

< And why should I care? Anyway, that doesn't concern you, mind your own business. By the way, I'll tell you something that might help you in tomorrow's special exam later. Idiot > sent: 11.55 am - read: 02.44 pm

And yet I had the feeling that a part inside me didn't quite agree. My heart was pounding at Ayanokoji-kun's presence. This was not the first time. The same thing happened in the Student Council Room when he was beside me. Something similar also happened during Uninhabited Island Exam. Nah, I guess I'm overthinking. It must be just a coincidence.

The fact remains that I felt so uncomfortable that I had to leave Ayanokoji-kun's room as soon as possible. It was the first time I couldn't be myself. What came over me I wonder?

No, this is not the Horikita Suzune I know. I don't want to let these useless emotions get the better of me. They are a burden... Is what I keep telling myself.

At that point, I could do nothing but try to put my feelings aside and think about the following day's exam.

Also because my instinct told me that the Unanimous Vote would be much harder than expected...