"Don't you have a class to get to?"

"Not until later. You want something?"

"Could I get a water bottle?"

"Yeah sure. I'll be back in a minute."

He left the room, leaving me in silence with my thoughts to keep me company.

I start to wonder if Jake still likes me. I quickly shake that thought out because he's into Austin. All we are doing is catching up, no more, no less.

He returns and tosses me the water bottle. "Here you go, little buddy."

"Thanks."

I open the water bottle and drink. I coughed it up. "Damn, hurts to drink."

"How badly did you get beat up?"

"Considering I had to have surgery, pretty beat up."

"Oh yeah, I forgot. My bad."

"It's fine. I'll live. I've survived this long. I can survive the rest."

"Well, that's somewhat the spirit." He got a message on his phone. "That's Kitten. I gotta go."

"Alright, Jake. It was nice seeing you again."

"You too. I'll be back to visit you from time to time."

"I'm sure you will."

"Tell Chase I said hi, and before he leaves in the morning, to sort out everything for you. That shouldn't be my job."

"I'll make sure of it," I laughed.

Jake left the room and I was alone, again.

-Chase-
I just finished my first class of the day, so I had 15 minutes to myself before I had to go to my second class. I decided to text Luke.

Hey babe.

Yay! You texted me ^.^ lol hi what's up?

Nothing much. I just finished first block. I have time to text my favorite wolf.

Aww ^.^ I get to text my favorite husky.

So, are you bored in the hospital.

It sucks not being with you. Jake was here earlier to keep me company, but it just isn't the same.

I wish I was there now. Class sucks.

But worth it in the end.

I guess. It keeps me from being with you and keeping you company.

It's ok dude. I understand. I know I'll get to see you more when I get home.

I wish I was there with you.

I wish I was out of this goddamn hospital.

Well, I gotta go to my second class. Love you.

Love you too.

I put my phone back into my pocket and I head to class. After 90 minutes of boredom, I was walking in the park and I ran into Max, Simba, and Kristina.

"Hey, Chase. What's up?" Max said.

"Nothing much. Just walking," I said, heading over to the area.

"Have you heard from Luke?" Kristina asked.

"I texted him after my first class," I replied.

"Aww, now isn't that cute?" Simba jokingly said.