Chapter 2 | The Last Floor and Getting Out

ابدأ من البداية

He names her Yue.

As they are about to leave the room, a monster pops up in an attempt to kill them. They have a hard time killing it, so Yue tells Hajime to trust her as she bites his neck, drinks his blood, and uses one of her strongest attacks called Azure Blaze. Hajime finishes it off by shooting a hole in it and sticking what looks like a grenade inside of it causing the monster to explode. After a month of exploring, Hajime and Yue open up to each other on how they both fell down the Labyrinth into the abyss, and Yue decides to tag along with Hajime on his journey

When it seemed like they made to the end of the abyss, they are immediately cut off by a six headed hydra-like monster. From there on, I already witnessed things so it was pointless to listen. Thanks to Raphael prying into Hajime's mind, the entire thing was like a movie to me. It was a live simulation of Hajime's life playing on my mind.

The final and last floor is... say, pretty unique.

It's like we're already in the surface.

However, these are all "artifacts," as Hajime calls it.

Raphael, being the skill maniac she was, started analyzing here and there as soon as we arrived.

She got the details but I said I'd listen to the reports later in the night.

We went to the house and went to explore the rooms.

Some rooms were locked, encrypted with a complex magical device that restricts the usage of magic.

However, Raphael had a history of easily dismantling an infinitely complex number of spatial dimensions, an infinite number of imaginary spaces, such a thing like this was easily decodified and unlocked.

I always ignore the looks of shock from Yue and Hajime.

Based on their back stories, I can conclude that I am totally out of place. Abnormal. 

The rooms were a variety.

A library, a workshop, an open bath, a bedroom, etcetera, etcetera.

The last floor we went into, was pretty different from the rest.

A dead skeleton was sitting on a chair over there and as soon as we stepped in, staged a speech about how the Gods of this world manipulates the residents of Tortus as pieces in their grand game, kind of like a chess. It's similar to Guy and Rudra's game, but I couldn't tell if it was more brutal or not.

Well, it's none of my business, so I began to get bored after a while.

Hajime, who stepped into the magic circle present in the room, got the Ancient Magic: "Creation Magic."

<<Report. Analysis of the circle is complete. "Creation" Magic acquired. The magic circle seems to assess the memories of those who stepped in, in order to verify whether they are truly worthy of the Ancient Magic which originally belonged to Oscar Orcus, the "Maverick" of this labyrinth.

Mavericks, or in real name, Liberators, was an organization which existed in the past. Their goal was to kill the Mad God Ehit, and put an end to his influences in Tortus. They created the seven trials to test anyone who was worthy enough to inherit their legacy and reward them with their Ancient Magic should they pass the tests.

Ancient Magic of the Age of Gods is a group of seven powerful magical Skills that worked as the origin and basis for all existing magical concepts in Tortus. Each and every existing form of magic in Tortus is in some form a degraded version of these Ancient Magics. Each one of the seven magic's govern over one core concept aspect of existence and could be granted to anyone that managed to conquer any of the seven Great Labyrinths of Tortus that were created by the seven members of the Liberators who were the original possessors of them.>>