38. Elia Martell

Delicious // Tywin Lannister is out now... 

'that is very thin armor.' Tyrion noted.

'I like to move around.' Oberyn told him as he bounced around getting ready.

'You could at least wear a helmet.' Tyrion told him. 'you should not drink before a fight.' He added.

'You learn this in your vast experience in the fighting pits?' Oberyn mused 'I always drink before a fight.' Oberyn added

'He could get you killed, me killed!' Tyrion told him

'Today is not the day I die.' Oberyn said confidently.

'You are going to fight that?' Ellaria asked as Gregor approached.

'I'm going to kill that.' Oberyn corrected

'He's the biggest man I've ever seen.' Ellaria exclaimed, oberyn was skilled but the mountain was a mountain for a reason.

'Size does not matter when you're flat on your back.' Oberyn told them.

'Thank the gods.' Tyrion remarked.

'Do these usually go fast?' Taylor asked as they got to the podium. 'I have never seen a trial by combat before.'

'Sometimes, I assure this will go very quickly. Gregor Clegane is a skilled warrior, doesn't go down easy, Oberyn is a little bouncing snake.' Tywin told her. 'Why you have a hot date?" Tywin mused.

"You are my hot date.' Taylor corrected and Tywin smiled down at her. 'Margaery and I are going to the maester afterwards see if he can confirm the pregnancy.' Taylor said happily.

'Don't they just touch your stomach and look for swelling in the breasts?" Tywin mused.

'I don't know ive never been pregnant before.' Taylor reminded him.

'I don't want him touching you.' Tywin told her.

'he is a maester, is that not his job to be old and creepy and touch people to fix them?" Taylor pondered.

'I don't want him touching you. You are late, you are pregnant.' Tywin told her confidently.

'I heard of a witch in flee bottom-'

'Taylor no.' Tywin said immediately.

'That can tell the sex of the baby through tea leave!' Taylor told him and tywin stared down at her. 'I don't understand it but it's Polly Gray the gypsy witch in flee bottom or your creepy old measter.' Taylor told him.

'either or... no third option?' Tywin pondered as they took a seat.

'No third option.' Taylor confirmed.

'Tell that witch it better be a boy.' Tywin said kissing her again.

'In the sight of gods and men we gather to decide the innocence or guilt of this man, Tyrion Lannister may the mother bring him mercy and the father justice as he deserves may the warrior guide the hand...' the maester said as the bells went off, Tywin waving them to start, the maester bowed before them leaving. Gregor pulled his blade free as Oberyn kissed Ellaria

'Don't leave me alone in this world.' Ellaria told him

'Have they told you who I am?" oberyn questioned gregor.

"Some dead man!" Gregor Clegane snarled at him before he attacked Oberyn.

"I am the brother of Elia Martell. Do you know why I have come all the way to this stinking, shit-pile of a city? For you. I'm going to hear you confess before you die. You raped my sister. You murdered her. You killed her children. Say it now and we can end this quick." They kept fighting, Oberyn managed to knock off Gregor's helmet. Ellaria jumped up excited as oberyn got the upper hand.

"Say it. You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children. You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children!" Oberyn circled around gregor, oberyn was light on his feet. Gregor was tiring quickly, dodging his charges, parries his swings and stabbing back, while taunting him repeatedly to confess about killing Elia and her children. Gregor managed to knock Oberyn several times off his feet and cut his spear into half. Oberyn avoided Gregor's blows with amazing swiftness, and grabbed a replacement spear from his squire.

'Come on, come on, come on...' Ellaria said jumping and clapping nervously, tywin kept his eyes forward but his hand in Taylor's as they watched and waited. Cersei's face started to twitch with annoyance as her champion was losing, Tyrion looked surprised and relieved by Oberyn's skill.

'COME ON OBERYN!" Ellaria cheered. Again, Gregor knocked Oberyn off his feet, but Oberyn once again gets out of the way of his blows and stabbed Gregor in the chest. Gregor stumbled away dazed, but quickly recovered with a new burning passion.

"You raped her! You murdered her!" Gregor charged. Oberyn avoided his blow and cutting gregor down, slicing at his leg, gregor dropped to his knees. Gregor groaned and moaned out in pain and kneeling down before him. "You killed her children!" Oberyn charged again, burying his spear in Gregor's stomach, pinning him to the floor and causing gregor to cough blood. Cersei was furious and frustrated, while Tyrion, and Ellaria were hopeful, thinking that the duel was almost over. But Oberyn refused to let Gregor die without confessing. He circled Gregor furiously.

'Looks like Oberyn is about to take down the mountain.' Taylor remarked and Tywin squeezed her hand, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but also not the best. Gregor needed to win, Tyrion needed to die.

"Wait, are you dying? No, no, no. You can't die yet. You haven't confessed." Oberyn pulled his spear from Gregor's body. "Say it. Say her name. Elia Martell. You raped her. You killed her children. Elia Martell." Oberyn pointed accusingly at Tywin, "Who gave you the order? WHO GAVE YOU THE ORDER?'

'Kill him!' Ellaria demanded.

'Say her name! You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children! Say it! Say her name!" they waited anxiously for Oberyn to finish off Gregor. Oberyn smiled over at Ellaria.

"Say it!" Oberyn demanded but he got too close to Gregor. Gregor tripped him over. A gasp escaped Ellaria's lips as Oberyn started to get up, but Gregor grabbed his throat and punched him in the mouth, breaking his teeth. Ellaria screamed out for her lover. Oberyn slumped down stunned, his mouth bleeding.

Gregor was on top of Oberyn, grabbing his head with his massive hands, forcing his large thumbs into Oberyns eyes, gouging them. Oberyn screamed in agony. A content smile covered Tywin's face as he leaned back in his chair.

'"Elia Martell!' Gregor said finally. 'I killed her children! Then I raped her! Then I smashed her head in like this!" Gregor Clegane roared with laughter, then crushed Oberyn's skull between his huge fists with a sickening thump. Ellaria screamed out in horror.

Gregor, severely injured, collapsed next to his dead opponent. A stunned silence swept over the crowd. But a smirk appeared on a very triumphant Cersei. Tyrion closed his eyes, unable to believe that his champion was killed so close to victory. Tywin stood finally releasing Taylor's hand, turning to the crowd. Ellaria sobbed, falling to her knees.

"The gods have made their will known. Tyrion Lannister, in the name of King Tommen of the House Baratheon, First of his Name, you are hereby sentenced to death."

Tyrion couldn't speak, he stared in astonishment at Oberyn's dead body.