chapter fifteen.

the bite

july 4th 1985

july 4th 1985.

Dallas settles on the floor below the water fountain as Steve stands over her to drink from it, "That's amazing."

Robin, who is leaning against the wall full of movie posters sighs, "So, like, I wasn't totally focused in there or anything, but... I'm pretty sure that mom was trying to bang her son."

Steve pauses, pulling himself away from the fountain, "Wait, wait, the hot chick was Alex P. Keaton's mom?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure."

"But they're the same age."

Dallas shakes her head, hitting his knee from beneath him, "That's the thing, he went to the past, to where his mom and dad were young."

"Then why is it called Back to the Future?"

Robin and Dallas share a look as they shake their head, "He has to go back to the future-"

"Because he's in the past-"

"So the future is actually the present-"

"-Which is his time."

"Wh-what?"

Robin ignores him as she pushes off the wall, "No, no, it's my turn. You've had enough."

Dallas crawls out from beneath her letting Robin step even closer and she lies on her back watching as Steve walks over to stand beside her, "Wow."

"Come on," Robin urges, already walking back to the door, "I want to see if he gets back to the future."

Dallas grunts as she gets to her feet, leaning against Steve for support, "Harrington?"

He doesn't look down at her, just gently grabs her jaw and guides her to look up, making her eyes slightly widen as she tilts her head, "This- This ceiling, it's beautiful."

"Oh, wow, Huh."

Dallas twists her head as she starts spinning in circles, "I think I-I'm-"

"Me too."

The two of them make a break for it, running into the ladies toilets and going into a stall each as they are both sick.

Dallas flushes her toilet and then leans back against the wall with a long tired groan, "The ceiling stopped spinning for me."

Bringing her knees to her chest as she settles beside Dallas tilts her head back against the stall wall to look, "Is it still spinning for you?"

She watches as one little spot on the wall blurs in and out a focus, "A little bit."

"Holy shit. No. You think we puked it all up?"

"Maybe, Ask me something." She puts on a Russian accent, "Interrogate me."