After Math

Mi no know why Excelsior graduation affi so long ino

Mi no know why Excelsior graduation affi so long ino.. I couldn't be more happy when the ceremony finish.

I spot Shamoy walking over to us at the car with her trophies and I immediately take out my phone to video her while she approaches. Dad would be so proud.

"Watch mi daughter to nuh!" Mommy hypes her up and her smile doesn't fade.

She looks over at Jaydon and I don't miss the glint in her eyes before she looks back over to me and mommy.

Ok...

"Mi never know seh a so uh flexible ino gyal." I tease her and she laughs as mommy takes the trophies from her and put them on her car seat.

I knew shammy excelled great in school so I expected nothing less when she got called up a number of times to collect her trophies.

"I'm proud of you sissy." I say pulling her into a hug. She pulls back and smiles cheekily at me.
"Thank you." She says.

A frown appears on Shamoy's face when her eyes averts behind me. I look around to see a tall black boy approaching.

"Congratulations Shamoy." The boy says as he passes her. She rolls her eyes and I spot  Jaydon glaring at the back of the boys head while he walks away.

"Who's that young man Shamoy?" Mommy asks.

"No one mommy." She answers softly.
Her posture changes and I can tell she's uncomfortable.

Could that be Daniel?

I look over to mommy and her face shows concern... but knowing her she's not going to pry so she's sure to dismiss it... at-least for now.

"Anyways when you come home I'll shower you with my love... for now enjoy yourselves at the restaurant I'll see you at home." Mom says kissing me and Shammy's cheek before exchanging goodbyes with Jaydon and Nathaniel.

She gets in her car and drives off at a decent speed but not before honking her horn at us.

———————
"Shamoy what country do you wanna visit? choose between Mexico or Dubai." I say to her as we enjoy our food that was not too long brought to us by a very polite waitress.

Shamoy looks up from her food wide-eyed.

"Yuh serious?" She asks and a chuckle escapes Nathan's lips.

"No Shammy I'm not serious." I say sarcastically and she rolls her eyes playfully.

"I've always wanted to visit Dubai." She says taking a sip of her cocktail.
"Okay I'll fix a date that's reasonable and I'll let you know." I tell her and she smiles brightly.