chapter twenty three

Start from the beginning

"I like your compliments a lot. I like when you say nice things to me. It makes me happy and the sort of...joy I get from being complimented...by you is a bit odd. And I'm afraid I'm gonna do something stupid."

"Stupid? Like what?"

Haechan shrugs, completely contrasting the rushed string of words that come out of his mouth. "Kissyouorsomething, I don't know."

Jaemin blinks. Once, then twice. If he's being honest, this definitely seems like one of the scenarios he's daydreamed about, but he's pretty sure Haechan  actually said it. In real life. Just now.

"What?"

Haechan knows it's a cheap shot but it's all he can do to stop his panic from completely taking over. "What was that thing I'm not supposed to see?"

Jaemin doesn't respond for a minute, still unsure if his ears are actually working for a moment. It doesn't help that Haechan looks adorably flustered as he scrolls on his phone.

"Okay, I'm gonna get. 'Cause it's for you. We can talk about what you said...later."

Haechan doesn't answer, just waiting for Jaemin to leave the room so he can finally breathe normally and yell at himself in his head for what the hell he just did.

In the confines of his room, Jaemin takes a few deep breaths as he tries to understand exactly what he's feeling. And if it makes sense.

Haechans words stay in his mind, taunting him, further causing a jumbled mess of butterflies in his body.

Did he really say that?

Jaemin blows out some air as he focuses on getting his gift and making it look cute in the gift bag he got (he just couldn't help himself).

He returns to living room with a nervous smile on his face. Haechan looks over at him as he pushes his hair back.

Holy fuck, that's hot

The thought is instantly replaced when the brunets eyes light up and a shy smile decorates his hair. Being around the male is absolute torture for Jaemin. With him wanting to kiss him all the time, cuddle him to death, and just admit how much he loves him.

He slowly places the bag in front of the male and watches as he peeks into it and then at him before thoroughly going through it.

"An envelope?" Haechan questions.

"Open it."

Haechan does. And gasps when he sees what it is.

"Where did you get these?" He asks, holding up the tickets.

"There's a store that has a really small section of tickets and I got curious so I looked through them and found these."

Haechan launches himself at the male, squishing him snd rubbing his face against his shirt, trying to express all his excitement.

After a moment, he gets up and goes back to focusing on the bag, wondering what else Jaemin could have possibly gotten him.

"Baby, why is there more?"

The nickname slips out of Haechans mouth before he can remember how he feels. And that he probably shouldn't call Jaemin that nickname, for his own sake.

Jaemins face tints with pink but he clears his throat, trying to brush it off. This isn't the first time he's been called this nickname but something about Haechan saying it like it's second-nature makes him feel fuzzy.

Little does he know that Haechan wishes he could say it this casually. All the time.

"I went a little crazy. I just kept seeing things and thinking of you. Chenle even said that you'd be happy with one thing and I know you would but I just wanted to give you more."