CHAPTER 21

#CLARISSA'S POV#

The long awaited day is finally here. It took me great effort to close my eyes last night. I singlehandedly took my bath after persuading Mum though she didn't agree to let me dress on my own.

"Happy Father's day, baby." She said cheerfully while arranging the pleating on my knee length, short sleeve princess ball gown. It's onion in color mixed with a bit of white and  and decorated with tiny sparkling cloth stones. She gently combed my waist length black silken hair and packed it up not too tight but firm enough.

"I, royal counselor Erica hand over the crown of the Gardener's to our new Crown princess, Clarissa." Mum jokingly said as she placed the glittering silver crown on my head earning a chuckle from me in return at her failed attempt at courtesy.

"I, Crown princess Clarissa gladly accept the role." I teased back and she laughed.

In silence, she helped with a bit of facial makeover.

"Now check yourself out." She said while packing her make-up bag. As I stared at myself in the mirror, a satisfied grin sprung up to my face. I can't wait to see Kelvin today at school.

Mum carried me from the back and placed me on her lap while she is sitting on my room's bed.

"You look so beautiful, darling."

"Thanks, I got my looks from you." I sheepishly said and she smiled.

"Today is your day, darling." She said. No, today was not supposed to be my day. It was supposed to be about one's father but I didn't tell her that instead I nodded.

"Don't let anyone look down on you, ok?" I nodded at that too.

"Ignore those who wants to gossip, understood?" I nodded again.

"The point today is to have fun. Promise me you would."

"I would." I said while cuddling her the more.

"Good!" She commented.

"But can't you come along with us? Things might be awkward if it's just I and Alvin."

"No, I can't sweetie. And things would only get awkward if you try to view him in the light of your father. Just think of him as your mother's boyfriend and your stand-in father and have unlimited fun while at it, understood?"

"Yes." I nodded cheerfully.

We heard the doorbell ring. "That must be him." I sang cheerfully as I dragged mum to the living room not forgetting to take my heels along.

"Good morning beauties!" Alvin greeted as soon as he entered giving mum a peck and I, a quick hug.

"Good morning to you too." I and mum chorused with a bright smile.

"OMG! Who is this princess here? Her beauty is eyes blinding!" He teased while blinking continuously.

"This is Crown Princess Clarissa, my lord." Mum teased back making us all laugh.

"Are you ready, princess?" He asked as soon as he stopped laughing.

"Yes, I've been ready for this since I was born." I replied funnily in a British accent making us laugh again. I guess we are all in good moods today as we keep on laughing even at the most slightest funny thing.

"Mum before I take off with Alvin can I make a video call to Grammy and Gramps?" I ask mum.

"Sure." She replied cheerfully.

"Hello Gramps!" I greeted as soon as he picked up the video call.

"OMG!" He exclaimed. "My baby girl is strikingly beautiful."

"Thanks Gramps. I got it from you." I replied.

"Of course, you did."

"But you told me earlier that you earned your beauty from me." Mum argued. I just shrugged.

"Hey you there daughter!" Gramps playfully greeted.

"Hey you there father!" She replied in that same playful manner.

"I received your text at exactly 12am darling. Thanks a lot." Gramps said to mum and she smiled.

"Clarissa, are you attending the father's day event alone?" He hesitantly asked.

From the beginning of the call, I knew something was bothering him. This time around, Mum did not invite him over to attend the father's day event with me and I guess that got him worried. I looked up to see Alvin sitting opposite I and Mum with a smile on his face.

"No, I'm not. I'm attending it with..." I trailed off leaving it for mum to complete.

"My boyfriend is attending it with her." She firmly replied. I love the smile on her face as soon as she said that.

"Are you seriously serious?" He asked in shock. I was shocked at first too.

" Yes, I am." She looked up. "Come over Alvin"She gently called. I smirked as I watch Alvin's smiling face turn to that of shock. I can't blame him anyway, he is meeting his girlfriend's family for the first time and it is not even a physical meeting. He quickly moved over to us while rubbing his palms together.

"Good Morning, Sir. It is nice to meet you. I am Alvin Knight." He nervously greeted and I chuckled at how nervous he was.

Knight? This is the first time I'm hearing his last name. That name rings a bell in my brain and it takes some time to narrow down all the Knight in my brain to just one. I shook my head unbelievingly. It's not possible right for him to be that Alvin Knight on my mind, right? Or could he be? I don't know much about him but I know he works at Mummy's school so it's not possible for him to be that Him.

Grammy voice brings me out of my reverie. I guess I would confirm Alvin's case later.

"Good Morning Ma. I am Alvin Knight." He formally said.

"Oh Alvin! You are such an handsome guy!" Grammy exclaimed in turn making Alvin blush.

"He is even blushing. He is such a cutie!" Grammy teased.

"Would you stop. You are making the poor man embarrassed." Gramps chastised.

"Oh really?" She faked shock. "Am I making you embarrassed, Alvin?"

"Not at all, Ma." He replied immediately.

"Can you see? He is not embarrassed."

"Mum please stop." Erica scolded.

"Fine, I give up." Grammy said with a smile.

"So you are attending the Father's day event with our granddaughter, right?" Grammy asked.

"Yes ma." Alvin replied with a smile and Grammy nodded her head.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you but you look stunningly beautiful, my dear." Grammy tactfully changed the subject.

"Thanks Grammy. I got my looks from you." I winked at the camera.

"WHAT?!" Gramps and Mum exclaimed at the same time and I smiled.

"That is not fair." Mum muttered beside me, making me smile.

"We have to go now, Clarissa is almost late for the event." Mum said.

"OK, goodbye have a nice and eventful father's day." Grammy said.

"Thanks." I replied shortly.

"It was nice meeting you, Alvin. Take good care of my daughter." Gramps said.

" I definitely would" Alvin replied with a smile.

"You should have dinner with us one of these days." Grammy said.

"Seriously!" He exclaimed joyfully.

"Of course." She said.

"Thanks." He replied with a wide grin.

"You are welcome."

"That is enough. Goodbye." Mum said before cutting the call.

"Bye." Alvin waved at mum not before giving her a peck and I, a 'eew' to them.