CHAPTER 17

This chapter is dedicated to these wonderful individuals:
piedraijada

dotster2018

imachildwinkwinky

OlakanwiJayne

cutzy60

thegirlwiththeskills
for all their either silents and loud support. Thank you very much🤗 I don't know if you know but it really means a lot to me. I hope you enjoy this chapter because it's for you so make sure you tell me how you feel when you are done with reading the chapter. And to others who are not mentioned, thank you very much for giving my story a space in your library, your time and in your mind. For those who added it to their reading list, a very big and heartfelt thanks. Please keep sharing with friends and families and you can follow me so as to receive notifications when I update.

                    #ERICA'S POV#

Gosh, if his peach hair is really a wig and his glasses are removed, he would look like a girl(😂😂) Funny, right? But that is how I visualize him without his hair and glasses. I didn't have much time to deliberate on that as the event has already started. Since my seat number is 8, I would get my book signed quickly. That thought made me giddy and I felt the same way I used to feel in the presence of Brooks. Oh I've not told you about him, have I? Brooks is Clarissa's father. Yes your guess is right. He was my college crush. Yes, that lecturer I offered my teenage self to. The lecturer who refused an innocent college student and her unborn child, matter of fact, his own blood. The saying goes: “Blood is thicker than water„ but he proved the saying wrong, didn't he?

Well, there is no time to think about him because my savior, Purple Me whose written words alone recently brought me out of that depth into a world of fantasy and creative imagination is right in front of me. I feel like he is taking a glance at me every two minutes or is it just me? It's my turn and I can feel my sweaty palms running against my crossbag. It's not my first time meeting him in person but I still get overexcited every single time.

"What is your name, belle?" He asked in a voice my brain is still processing but the nickname made me fly over the sky.

He thinks I'm beautiful, my brain, mind and heart kept on saying. I'm sure my cheeks would be bright red now.

"Your name?"

"Erica" I replied hurriedly while playing with my fingers and he nods.

If only I could request for a picture with him then all social media platforms I know of is in trouble😂

"Take" He says and I flash him a smile as I collect the novel from him.

"I love your name, Erica." He says so casually, comfortably and so familiar. I immediately look up in shock and he flashes me a grin.

"Can I have a picture with you." I whisper hoping he did not hear me because as soon as the words left my mouth, I lost the courage I have been trying to build.

"Sure." His reply shocked me. I gasped as he pulled out his phone in half a second and took a quick click.

"I wasn't prepared for that." I say as soon as I recover from the shock.

He shrugs playfully"Let's take another one then."

I glance at the audience briefly and can see their gasp of surprise and jealousy and my smile becomes larger and more sincere as he leans closer and take a click.

While still absolved in the fantasy, I see his lips move and his outstretched palm but I don't get what he is saying.

"Your phone." I hear him say again. With fumbling hands and skipping hearts, I hand it over to him.

He hands it over to a man who looks like the bigger version of someone I know but my floating mind refuses to think quickly.

"Take a full picture of us." He orders.
  After the picture my phone was handed to me and I could not hide the blush creeping down my neck.

"Awwn, she is tomato." The familiar man teases and my blush deepens by a shade.

"Stop it " Purple Me warns with a glare at the man.

"You have a lot of other people to attend to" The man growls lowly enough for I and Purple Me to hear

Purple Me nods with a sigh before sitting down back. I rushed to my seat reminiscing over what just happened.

The other programs planned for the event went by in a jiffy for me as I was still overexcited by the picture in my phone. The feelings of over excitement overwhelmed me.

I'm still staring at the picture when a knock disrupts my fantasy. I quickly check the time. It's 7:52pm. Who could that be? I'm not expecting anyone this late. I quickly tuck my phone in my back pocket as I move over to the door. I look at the door hole and I'm surprised to find out it's Alvin. I quickly open the door and freeze when I noticed his tired face. He leans for a hug and I give it to him as I close the door behind him.

We drag each other to the sofa and fall on it still in each other arms.

"You look so tired, have you had dinner yet?" I asks.

"No." He mumbled.

"Gosh, it's some minutes to 8pm and you have not had dinner yet!" I scream angrily at him. "Were you planning to go to bed on an empty stomach!!!!" I shout as I attempt to stand up immediately to the kitchen but he pulls me back to the sofa engulfing me in a warm hug.

"Let me go." I try to free myself from his hug even though all I feel like doing is bask in his warmth but he comes first. He holds me tighter and mumbles something that I did not catch.

"You said what?" I whispered.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles again but this time a bit louder

"For what?" I tease but he remains silent. I nudged his elbow a little but he remained silent so I gave up

He finally broke the silence"For not having dinner." A large smile creeps up to my lips and my eyes.

"Apology accepted." I say as I pat his hair.

"Let me make a quick dinner for you" I say and he nods finally releasing me.

"Thanks." I heard him say.

As I hum my favorite song to myself,I prepared pasta for him along with the Fish Escovitch soup I just warmed in the microwave oven. It's not the best choice for a dinner but I need to have his stomach filled quickly.

"Alvin" I call out to him after setting the table but he does not reply so I go to meet him in the living room.

"Are you sleeping?" I coo as I watched his face. His eyes flutter open and he smiles.

"I've made dinner for you." I say.

My awe for him increases as I watch him eat with such charisma I've never seen before.

He holds out the fork to me and motion for me to open my mouth as he puts a fork of pasta in my mouth.

"Gosh, this is so delicious." He says in delight and I blush.

When he is done with eating, I follow him to the kitchen and assist in rinsing the plates and utensils and drying them off with the dish towel while he washes them .

"Thanks for the dinner." He says while drying his palms off with the hand towel.

"You are welcome." I hushed.

"And sorry for barging in without notifying you." He says guiltily and I smile at his cute face.

"There is no problem." I say.

"I need to take my leave now." He says and I hold him back immediately.

"It is too late already, you can spend the night here." I say and his eyes widen immediately and mine afterwards.

"I didn't mean it that way..."

"Belle, it's very wrong for a gentleman to spend the night at a single woman's place. It's not biblical." He quickly said and I smile at what a gift I have unknowingly earned.
      "I didn't mean it that way. Of course, you stay at the guest room while I stay in my room."
     "
Ohh!" He says with a nod.

After a comfortable chitchat, I take him to the guestroom and provides him with all he needs. I return to the living room to make my video call with Clarissa.

"Hello mummy!" She says cheerfully suggesting she has not been sleeping.

"You are not following your sleep schedule!" I say sternly and she pouts.

"You promised to call me so I was waiting for you." She accused.

"That is true, sorry. I got caught up in some things." I apologized and she nodded cheerfully

"Belle, I guess the heater here is broken!" Alvin shouts as he gets out of the guest room and I gasp.

"Who is that?" Clarissa asks immediately.

"I would call you tomorrow, baby girl." I hushed as I try to end the call till Alvin comes to sit beside him. My eyes widen next to Clarissa whose jaw separate in shock and lastly Alvin who just understood what is happening here.

"Shit", I hear him curse and I roll my eyes.

" What is he doing at our place by 9:25pm,mum? And why is he calling you belle?" She asks with a frown and a disappointed face.

Alvin holds my right palm in his left and massages it as a form of  encouragement to me.

"We are dating." I rushed.

"Duration?" She asked lowly.

"Two weeks now." I said

"Believe me darling..." She cuts the phone. My heart breaks at this and I can feel my tears fighting for dominance. Alvin draws me to his chest and I snuggled closer while wiping my silent tears with the back of my palm.

I just can't explain how I feel in words. I feel torn. I feel so so so...

Hello! How much did you enjoy this chapter. All of you now know a little bit of Clarissa's father, Brook. How do you feel about him. Who loved the cute Purple Me - Erica moment? Me first. Who was expecting Erica to find out Purple Me is Alvin in this chapter?

Most importantly, what do you think Clarissa should do? She just found out that her only parent was keeping her dating life a secret from her. Let us meet in the comment section so as to get answers to all our questions

Don't forget the star button to vote is directly below so you can tap on it☺☺☺