CHAPTER 14

I spent the whole Sunday morning and afternoon lazying around with Clarissa though May and her kids dropped by in the morning. In the evening, Alvin dropped by. He brought along a box of chocolates for me and a pack of colour pencils for Clarissa. He just doesn't listen when I say he can come over empty handed. Anyway, it was my favourite chocolate box. I don't know how he knew my chocolate love but I guess him and Clarissa are talking behind my back. I'm still investigating though, no evidence yet. So Sunday passed by in that manner. It's already a Monday afternoon. I and Alvin are out of school on a drive to check the final samples of the group's dress code for the upcoming gala party.

"Why have you not invited me for dinner yet?" He interrupts my trail of thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Why have you not invited me to come over early for a dinner?" He asked again while taking a quick glance at me before focusing on the road ahead.

"That is ridiculous! I don't even know you that well, a week ago, we hated each other and could not stand each other sight." I spat out.

"I never hated you!" He said firmly with a clenched teeth and that got me confused. He never hated me? But I thought...

"But I thought you didn't like me?" I asked as I turn sideways to look at him.

"No!" He replied hurriedly.
      "Then why were you always unpleasant to me?"

"I was?" He asked taking a quick moment to look at me. I scoffed at his question.

"Yes, you were."

"No, I wasn't. Coincidentally, I was always helping you to avoid falling."

I  rolled my eyes at that." Thanks for reminding me about my clumsiness. "

"I saved you from the hands of those police officers. When you had an injury on your ankle, I treated it for you.I offered to help Clarissa out with her project. I bought you your favourite chocolates box too."

I rolled my eyes again at that. Now it's time to ask myself why I ever thought he was unpleasant to me. I'm seriously racking my brain right now to think of just a time he was unpleasant to me but I can't come up with one. If you do remember, please tell me.

"How did you know my chocolate love?" I asked.

"Just guessed." He replied quickly.

I squinted my eyes slightly and raised my left eyebrow. "No, you didn't just guess that. Tell me truthfully. How did you know my favorite chocolate box?"

"Clarissa" He finally conceded.

"I guessed as much. But what time did you both have to talk about me and why are you so interested in my business?"

"Because I like you." He blurted out.

Well, I expected all kinds of comments from 'it just came up' to 'Clarissa couldn't stop talking about you' or 'we ran out of topics' to 'we've got nothing better to do' but certainly not that. Perhaps I heard wrong but I didn't because he repeated it again.

"I like you Erica and I know it may be a little too much to accept now with the breakup and all but I'm deadly serious. I just discovered how I enjoy spending time in your company, I love your smiles, I like the way you act in the classroom with class and dignity yet with a warm heart."

All this is getting too much for my head to wrap around. What was the probability that Alvin, the female teachers idol would tell me he likes me. One in a million chance, I guess.

"But I don't even know you, Alvin!"

"Yes, you do. I'm Alvin, a literature teacher at the school you teach in too."

"Oh, stop kidding. Which literature teacher can make just a phone call and a first aid kit is brought over with a pair of sneakers."

He takes a quick glance at me without shifting his hands from the steering wheel. I can see him having a struggle choosing either to tell me or to not. I guess he chose the former.

"I'm the CEO of The Knights Corporation." He said in one breath.

"Then why do you teach here?" I asked because I'm sincerely confused as to why a CEO would even consider teaching at a government-owned school. Even though I'm not really familiar with the Knights corporation, I know it's a big company with a lot of big firms under it so there is just no reasonable excuse for that.

"You can't understand, Erica."

"Then make me understand."

He sighs."I'm the black sheep of the family." He starts. I can see him grip the steering wheel tighter. "I'm not really that polished into the elite society. I love teaching. No don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't like my family or my social standing but I've always been the rebellious one right from birth." He says with a proud smirk and I chuckle lightly.

"Tell me about your family." I say.

He glances at me and smile thereby freezing me. His smile is just so stunning. "I love your smile." I blurted out and quickly covered my mouth realising what I just said.

"No, I didn't..." I started.

"Thanks, I know but I didn't know you were charmed by it."Though he is facing the front, I could not help but notice his smirk.

"The Knights corporation is a family business that has been handed down for generations. It has a lot of firms under. Well, my dad handed it down to me early because of Alzheimer."

"Oh so sor..."

"No, it's okay. It's been 7 years now." He flashes me a big grin but I can see a little mix of sadness in his eyes but I don't probe further.

"My mum is a literal, overprotective mum. Well, she is the main reason, I moved out of the family house. She keeps disturbing me about girlfriends. " He chuckles lightly and I notice the bright glint in his eyes. I don't know how or when I became a big fan of Alvin to be able to read his face expression.

"Do you have siblings?" I asked.

"Yeah, two of them. Ethan, my older brother and my younger sister, Cinderella." He replied.

"Like Cinderella in Cinder ella." I asked trying really hard to contain my laughter. It is going to be bad manners if I laugh at someone parent's choice of name.

He glances at me and chuckles. " You can laugh out if you want to. She is actually Ella but we call her Cinderella to piss her off. "

Immediately, he said that the laughter bubbled up in me gushed out as I playfully slap his arm.

"It must really piss her off." I finally said after calming down.

"It sure does."

"So who is Melvin and Kelvin's parent?"

"None." He replied.

"But I thought she said you are her uncle."

"Yeah sort of. She is my best friend, Brahms' child. I'm their godfather so they call me uncle and they are sort of my niece and nephew. " A quick pause." No, forget I said anything. That came out odd." He stuttered.

"No, it didn't. I can relate."

"We are there." He says and I look up.

I unbuckle my seatbelt. "Good." As I was about to get off, he grabs my hand pulling me back inside. I can feel sparks shooting up from my palm to my shoulder and straight to my body, goosebumps on my skin and a vibration of my body. I quickly withdrew my hand. Wait, so this really happen in real life. I've read it in stories and I find it so cliche but never in a million years did I ever think it happens in real life. I don't know if I'm making sense now but I hope you understand. I just found out that humans really feel sparks. If writers were saying the truth about the sparks caused by touch then what about the butterflies. They better not be true because I'm having a funny feeling in my stomach with the close proximity of his face. No, don't worry. It's not butterflies, right? Writers could not have been telling the truth, could they? Well, the Thomas' saying is true that you have to experience something to believe it. I never believed in those writer's fantasy but experience is teaching me better.

"So do I have a chance?" He broke my thoughts. I was racking my brain to think of a smartass reply but I just could not. And I know you know the reason. I've never been a smartass lady.

"I know you know and they know that I'm already swooning." I replied after gulping down my saliva.

He engulfed me in a tight but warm hug. He quickly released me.

"I'm s...sorry. That was too soon." He stuttered and as I watched different expression flicking in his eyes; panic, fear and insecurity I chuckled.

I took the initiative to hug him. " It's okay and it's not too soon. " I can feel his smile against my neck.

"So you are officially my girlfriend." He asked while running his fingers in a circular motion on my back. I smiled and nodded into the hug.
     As we sat in the car at the parking lot engulfed in a warm and tight but not suffocating hug, I can still feel the butterflies and I still hate writers for creating it because just perhaps if they hadn't started to use it in their stories then maybe humans would not really feel or would they? What do you think?
    I'm asking because I can't think of anything right now. My brain, mind and heart is so engulfed in his hug and scent. Life is so wonderful, isn't it?

Yeah, I know this is a short chapter. It's not that short though but it is short compared to my other chapters but I've been a bit busy. I just started this sort of part-time work but it's more of a full-time work because it takes about 11 hours of my day with just an hour break. Use of phone is not allowed too so I've not been able to write. Guess what time, I'm writing this😴 The first to guess gets the next chapter dedicated to him/her.

Also please comment, I don't bite😂😂. Your comments are very essential to me. Experienced writers and readers should please give me reviews.

If you want to send me a personal message, feel free to do so.

Don't forget the star button to vote for the story and the author in a sense is right below. Feel free to click on it if you want to offer your support to the story and the author.

Some that are new in the Wattpad family don't vote for stories because they think voting is a difficult process. You are not alone in this, I once felt that way. To vote for a story, all you need to do is click on the star button below and that is all. It is just a form of showing support to the writer and offering encouragement. Thanks for not skipping this🤗