CHAPTER 15

It's been two weeks now that I and Alvin has started dating. It's been so lovey-dovey and so good to be true. Clarissa still don't know about us and that is not because of Alvin but me. I don't know how she is going to take it. She was not really accepting of Rick. It would break my heart if the two people I love most hate each other. Yeah, you may be surprised but don't be. Over the weeks, I have come to realise how deep my feelings are for Alvin. I don't know when and how it all began but what I surely know is that we are here and there is no going back.

He has still been helping Clarissa with her project and I feel he is deliberately slow with it so as to spend more time with me😊. Clarissa's and Alvin's relations have been pretty good but I'm not sure how she would react once she finds out he is my boyfriend.

Father's day is in a week time and Clarissa has been pretty depressed. It's around this time of the year she feels depressed. Around this time of the year, as the smart and responsible girl she is extra cheerful but she can't hide her feelings from me. I carried her for nine months no ten months as a result of early pregnancy.

Usually, my father, her grandpa attends the program organised by the school as her stand-in father but her classmates have been recently taunting her about it. Obviously, she didn't tell me that, Kelvin did. I was really angered by this and went over to the school. I had a one hour discussion with her class teacher who in turn called a meeting with the parents of the other kids. What exactly is their problem? A girl who does not have a father is not less disadvantageous than them all because she is pretty, cute, smart and she would never use others disadvantages to mock them!

All this has been reflecting on my mood and Alvin has been disturbing me to tell him about it but I can't just bring myself to do so. I can't just bring myself to talk about the past! No, I can't! I just can't! May and Adrian are the only ones who knows what is troubling me. Adrian even offered to stand in as her father. What a laugh! He would look like her boyfriend rather than her father. That was not meant to be an insult because Adrian is handsome, tall and fully loaded with muscles and unresistable 360° charm but he gives off this international, pretty, nonchalant playboy vibes everywhere he goes. I can't have my daughter's classmates thinking that my daughter's father is a playboy. Justin would have been a better choice but he is not around. He is with his girlfriend's, Lucy family for almost a week now. Dave, May's husband would have been the perfect option but he has kids to so he would love to spend the day with his kids. Which option do I have left? Alvin but that is not gonna happen.

I invited Alvin this evening to attend Purple Me book signing event with me. He was really surprised when he heard the name. I understand because I too was surprised 3 months ago when I heard about purple me. It's such a strange name but the writer has extraordinary skills. Alvin canceled at the last minute saying he has some company paperwork to do so I'm going to go alone. Clarissa is at my parent's place. She is spending the weekend there.

I stand up from the dressing stool and move over to take my black heeled leather boot from the shoe rack. I'm wearing a dark grey leather joggers with a black tank top inside. I pick up my bag from the bed and leave the room.

"Hello cutie pie" I say over the phone as I buckle my seatbelt.

"Hello mummy!" Clarissa replies cheerfully and I chuckle. I can hear the sound of munching.

"Seem like you are having a great time without me." I start bou.

"Are you driving?" She asks me.

"Yeah, I am. I'm attending Purple Me book signing event."

I can hear her groan over the phone and I snicker. "What do you like about that weird author?"

"He is not weird!" I defended in a sharp tone.

"I can give you a lot of reasons why I think he is weird. One, his hair look so frizzy and odd like it's fake..."

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with his hair. He has a fine light peach hair." I defend again as I make a sharp turn to the left.

"It looks like a wig, doesn't it?" There is a brief silence. "Also, why does he use those dark cat glasses. I'm not sure they are reading glasses." She says in between munching and I sigh loudly. I can feel her chuckling.

"Fine, I give up. Whatsoever you say about Purple Me..."

"Even his name is weird." She cuts me off.

There is a brief silence as I try to navigate where to park in the crowded parking lot. Gosh, he has a lot of fans.

"I have to go now, cutie pie but that does not mean end of discussion. All it means is that this conversation is to be continued."I say with a light chuckle as I find an empty lot to park in.

"I'm totally fine with that. Even though I'm not a fan of...ehm. What was his name again?Purple whatever... I wish you a great time." She says and I smile.

"And you too, love. Bye, I'll talk to you before going to bed." I say as I get out of the car. She blows kisses over the phone and I catch them with my lips before I hung up.

As I enter the hall, the first thing that catches my attention is the number of people lined up. I'm 30 minutes early than the starting time for the event so I was already thinking I would be among the first to reach the venue but unfortunately I'm among the last. I bring out my ticket from my cross bag and check for the seat number on my ticket. Seat No. 8. That is so marvelous! I'm at the front.

Passing through the crowd to the free front seat, I feel the jealous stares of the ladies on me so I add a swagger to my hips to emphasize the fact that it is not,'Who come first is served first' rather it is who is the highest bidder. Online, there were other options but I chose first-class ticket at a very costly price. After buying the ticket I started to regret buying it but this feeling makes me feel so proud about it.

As I nonchalantly scroll through the social media, there is an uproar and I raise my head. OMG! Purple Me is around. I quickly shove my phone into my bag and join the crowd in chanting his name as he approaches the platform in a swarm of bodyguards. As they move to the platform, I catch a glimpse of him and I hold my breath trying my best to keep my jaws closed. He is so...so...so...how can I even put it? So boyishly cute. He flashes a grin at the audience with a quick wave of the hand and my heart fell.

Once he is on the platform, I take a quick rundown of his appearance in awe. He is dressed in a white T-shirt neatly tucked in a blue jeans. A baggy patterned shirt is over the T-shirt, one side tucked in to the jeans revealing his black designer belt and the other not tucked in. He is wearing a pair of chalk white sneakers. His right hand knuckles are adorned in captivating silver knuckles ring. On his right hand, he only wears two knuckles ring. As usual, his peach hair is falling. As I stare at his hair, what Clarissa said earlier comes back to my mind and I try to visualize how he would be without his light peach hair and his gold glasses with dark lens and only one image comes to mind...

Hello lovelies! Foremost, this chapter is dedicated to thegirlwiththeskills Your comments made me so glad. Thanks for the vote and cheerful comments. Your review on the story made me feel how good the story is and boosted my morale. A big and special shoutout to you.

What is your view on this chapter? Who comes to mind when Erica visualizes Purple Me without his peach hair and dark glasses? I know you know the answer already so chat on!

Feel free to send me messages and comment on the story and I would try my best to give a reply to all your comments and messages.