CHAPTER 9

Swinging the principal tag on Lewis' office door to calm my frayed nerves, I flex my knuckles. Knocking twice, I enter.

"Good Afternoon Sir."

"Have a sit. So how may I be of help?"

"I came regarding the grouping of teachers to supervise activities to be performed at the Gala party."

"I'm all ears" He said.

"Please,can you place me in another group?" He brings out a file from his cabinet and scan through it.

"So you are in Choreography?" He asks.

"Unfortunately yes"

"Give me just five reasons why you think I should let you switch to another group."

"Arggh!!!" I sigh loudly.

"I suck at dancing,I..."I begin to rack my brain thinking of another excuse but I could find any.

"You can't even provide me with two reasons. Now tell me your main reason for wanting to change group."

"I've told you. I suck at danc..."

"I said your main reason." He repeats loudly.

"The combination is worse." I blurted out along with a loud sigh.

"I don't get it." He said with a confused expression.

"I mean the combinations of the teachers co-ordinating is poor."

"You are to work alongside with Miss Yvonne, Mr. George and Mr. Alvin and I believe that is the best combination of a great team.

" You just pointed it out. They are all in Literary and Arts staffroom. I'm the only odd one and again I and Yvonne are not on good terms."

"How is that a problem?? I have always preached about unity of my staff." He said sternly and I sighed again.

"This is because of Mr. Alvin, right?"He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nooooo" I outrightly refute his claim. "Why w...would i...it be be...because of him?" I stutter while Lewis stares at me.

"Wizard!" I whisper lowly while glaring at this old man in my front but I think he heard me because he flashed me a mock smile.

"Fine, I hate him. He is just too arrogant." I reply with a huff.

"Hate is not a very nice word to use to qualify your colleague. I'm sorry Miss Erica but I won't be changing your group."He pushed his spectacles to his nose ridge. "Are you not curious about Mr. Alvin? You can use this period to satisfy your curiosity."He added.

What was that?! I'm beginning to think this man is really a Wizard!!!

"What are you?? A wizard?!!!" I said with shock evident on my face.

"My pleasure miss. Don't forget you have called me that once." He replied with another smile while dismissing my glaring eyes.

But the truth be told, Lewis is correct.

"Fine but how did you know??" I asked.

He cleared his voice."Miss Erica Gardener, I think you should return to your staffroom now! " He scolded trying to use his stiff disciplinarian voice but I found it funny this time around maybe because of the chitchat we just had. I chuckled and he laughed.

"Yes Sir Lewis, I'm off to work." I said with a mock salute and I stood up.

"You should never underestimate the power of a psychologist." He said with a serious expression when I was almost out of his office. I turned to him and smiled.