CHAPTER 7

It's a bad Wednesday morning. I woke up some minutes to 6 AM today and I have to report at school before 7:50 AM so just an hour and some minutes to get ready and I still have to take Clarissa to school. I wonder how the rest of my day is going to be when I started my day on a wrong foot. I just dropped Clarissa off and the time is 7:41 AM. I know I would not be able to meet up so I am exceeding the normal speed limit praying silently that the cops are not on the roads because a visit to the station this chaotic morning would worsen all matters. It's all his fault!! I would have slept yesterday and woken up by the sound of my alarm clock early because as the saying goes: 'Early to sleep, early to rise' if not because I was thinking of him the whole night and slept at dawn.

"What is even so special about him?!" I asked myself furiously then I started to recite a new mantra I have formulated for myself over the past few weeks;

"There is nothing special about him." I repeated it about fifteen times trying to get him out of my head but it is not as easy as it sound because my mantra is just a lie. There is a lot of things which draws me to him. His mysterious aura is one of them. I am scared of how far my curiosity will take me.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I did not realise a police car was chasing me till I heard a police officer from the car with a megaphone threatening to shoot my tires if I don't pull over then I checked the car's speedometer and I realised I have been driving at over 250 Km pH.

"Oh my!! What a great day!!"I lamented. I abruptly change lane and press the brake thereby jerking forward and hitting my head on the dashboard giving me an immediate headache worsened by the screeching of the tires.

"OUCH!" I cried out as I brought my palm over to my forehead rubbing it delicately. Had it not been that there was a reasonable distance between my car and the police car, they would have bumped into my car. I check my wristwatch and realise it's 7: 48 AM. I could never meet up so why don't I just go with the flow. The police pulled over in the front of my car and came out. A policewoman tapped on my car window signalling me to get down. My head is still ringing from the contact with the dashboard coupled with having to deal with the police is really going to make me crazy.

"A very nice way to begin my day." I remarked sarcastically before getting down from the car.

"Hey miss! Didn't you realise you broke the speed limit regulations?!! Why didn't you pullover immediately you were asked to?!!!!!! Letting us chase you for over an hour now!!!"     The male companion of the policewoman said rudely immediately I got down.

I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration skills. It could have not been up to even ten minutes and here he is mentioning an hour. If I was not dealing with an headache now and if I was not putting on a tight fitting gown, I would have use my heels to kick his stomach. I wonder how old he could be to speak to me in such manner no matter his occupation. He could not be older than Justin. I did not have the energy to quarrel with this ugly looking rude guy whose face could not compare with... Wait a minute, who was I about to mention? I am in a deep trouble and yet I could still think of him. I subconsciously hissed.

"Wait, did you just hiss at me??!!" The ugly looking rude policeman asked while tapping his foot continuously on the tarred road and sending deathly glares towards me.

"What is your problem exactly, you this orangutan?! I violated the regulated speed limit, fine! I know there is a fine for that and I am willing to pay so keep your tone down and speak to me with respect or else?!" I said as I dared to move closer to him returning his glares with a more harder and hotter one.

"Hey woman! Did you just call me an orangutan?! That animal is the ugliest creature on earth! Did I just hear you right?" He asked pointing a finger in my face and I slap his finger away.

"Don't you dare point your smelly, sticky, sweaty finger at my face. And you heard me right! Orangutan!! O R A N G U T A N" I spelt out to make him more annoyed.

The policewoman tries to hold her companion while he tries to release himself from her grip but it was unsuccessful. Then I realised how strong this scrawny woman must be for her to keep this muscled big guy in her grip. I was glad she was not the one I called an Orangutan if not... don't let me think about what could happen. What was I even thinking of to confront a policeman, if things get worst he could do the unexpected.

"Try to control your temper, buddy!" She scolded him and he nodded before she finally releases him. He straightens his top and breathes in and out though not changing his facial expression towards me and I too kept on the hard glare.

"And miss we are government workers, we are just performing our duty so you can't just think you can verbally harass us." The policewoman said and that really angered me. I told myself I will not talk to the policewoman but I guess that is impossible now.

"Verbally harass you?!" I said scornfully. I stamped my foot on the tarred road and laughed hysterically. I pointed at the rude officer.