Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

lucky

adjective ~ success or failure brought on by chance rather than one's actions

In the three weeks that passed since the trial, Molly and Leo had settled nicely into their new life with their baby. Molly was quick to bounce back and recover, eagerly welcoming guests into her new home. Leo had taken his time to come around to his new role, but he was holding his daughter more. It had taken time, but my brother was finally showing his true loving colours, as annoying as he may be.

I truly feared the future in which their hellish-I mean, wonderful spawn grew up and had siblings.

I think they will have a wild tribe and I shall be grey in ten years.

Today, however, I was on my way back from the hospital after settling into my new role.

What was that, you ask?

Oh yeah, being a Luna.

"How was she?" Phoenix wondered as I entered the house.

I grinned, hanging my coat up on a hook. "Mum and daughter are great."

He opened his arms, welcoming me into his embrace. "How much did she weigh?"

"Seven pound two!" I gushed. "There wasn't much difference between Ella and Reya."

"She decided on Ella, then?" He mused, his laughter vibrating my cheek.

"As soon as I placed the baby on her chest." I nodded, pulling away to grin up at him. "Kate said, 'Oh my little Ella'. It was so cute."

Releasing me, he pulled me toward the sofa. "And her mate?"

"He got there just in time. She came quick. Literally, within an hour of my arrival. Kate did most of the pre-labour without telling anyone." I shook my head, groaning as I fell into the pillows. "It makes me envious of how fast it was."

"Because you have two to push out?" He chuckled, passing me a random cup.

I peered inside, my eyes lighting up when I spotted the strawberry freshness that lay within. Grabbing the straw, I hungrily devoured the milkshake, moaning in delight as the sugary goodness washed away my sins.

Phoenix laughed softly, sitting beside me. "How are you feeling?"

"Great!" I laughed. "Milkshake and my mate, what more could I want?"

He rolled his eyes playfully, resting his hand on my bump. "How is your back?"

"Sore, but like I said, she was out within an hour." I shrugged. "So, I didn't have to stand long."

He hummed, rubbing my skin as one twin kicked. "I fear this bed rest may come sooner than you think."

I scowled, crossing my arms and sipping my drink. "You sound just like Aldren."

"Your cousin can see the future. I am listening to his advice." He mused.

I huffed, thinking about the warning Aldren had given us.

After Alessea's trial, they didn't linger long. They had removed their disguises to watch as they dragged her into a back of a vehicle. I stood a little away from them, observing them silently. Their faces were hard, but Samson's grew weary as silver tied his daughter down. Her gaze was blank, no emotion for the crimes she helped commit and she didn't speak a word. Even as Aldren turned to call me over to his side to talk, she did nothing but observe.