Wattpad Original
There are 74 more free parts

haze

noun ~ a state of mental obscurity or confusion

Phoenix was half-shifted, his back arched taller. His ears were pointer, hair more unruly as it sprawled down his neck and chest. His fingers had elongated, sharp, bloodied claws with remnants of discarded flesh beneath the nail. A half-shifted snout greeted me next, saliva dripping blood coming from sharp, long canines.

His attention snapped to me, his chest heaving as he scented me. Dark, black eyes terrified me and even more so when he snarled in my face. Spittle flew, and some of it landed on my cheeks; a slimy sticky slush that caused me to dry heave, wiping the blood-stained grossness from my skin.

"Ares..." I whispered.

He growled again, snapping his teeth together.

"It's me, come on." I pleaded.

Reaching a shaky hand out, I slowly pushed it closer to him, in an attempt to hold his arm. Before I could set it upon his skin, the mutilated mess beside him a noise. This only caused his hand to instinctively dart out and clasp it. I gasped, tears burning in my eyes as his claws sank into my skin. I watched with horror as blood pooled from the cuts, dripping down my arm.

"Ares." I squeaked. "You're hurting me."

The beast turned its gaze on me once more, his nostrils flaring as he sneered down at me. I felt the beast scrutinise me, dark eyes scanning my face before his nose twitched and he looked down to my arm. It was silent, my chest heaving with panic as I wanted to tear my arm out of the burning grip he held on me. I felt sick to my stomach, the uncomfortable churning from earlier resurfacing as my anxiety peaked.

"Phoenix..." I whimpered, twisting my hand slightly to redivert his attention.

As if scolded, the beast released my hand and I pulled myself away. I stumbled, staring wide-eyed at the gushing blood. Four, thick claw marks dug into my skin, the sight of the blood causing my vision to swing. I whimpered, pressing my back into the wall in hopes to ground myself. Closing my eyes, I tilted my head against the cool cement, ignoring the pounding of attention in my mind from the two males outside the door.

Breathing steadily was hard considering the foul stench of the room and I knew I would have to try hard to keep my stomach contents inside of me. I shakily exhaled, calming myself as much as I could without the beast spotting me. But things were never that simple because something touched me again.

Snapping my eyes open, I came to find the beast of my mate kneeling before me. His eyes stared up at me with pity, his arm coming to grasp my own. A small whine escaped him as he trailed his tongue along the oozing punctures.

"I-I...I'm okay." I whimpered, false truths whispering from my lips.

A low gruff sound came from his mouth, one I would assume was a laugh or scoff if he wasn't still a beast. His tongue was warm and damp as it attempted to heal my injury. It didn't work, and the beast soon realised this. It scanned my face before letting out a gruff sigh and stepping back.

I wrapped the hem of my shirt around my forearm as I watched him with bated breath. Before my eyes the beast slowly began to change, shifting his limbs, lowering in height and losing the hair. I felt my body relax more and more as the shift continued, finally feeling more secure when the figure of the human Phoenix stood before me. His eyes were still pitch black, the faster movements alerting me that Ares was still in charge.

"Mate." He whined.

Before I could react, he tore open the flesh on his palm and pressed it to my lips. My head jerked in surprise, attempting to pry him off me, but his other hand gripped the back of my head, securing me to his palm. I scowled at him as he force-fed me his blood, not sure this was truly how it worked for him. I knew blood transfusions worked but drinking his blood? I thought that was Lycan only?