Wattpad Original
There are 49 more free parts

journey

verb ~ to travel somewhere

"This is luxury. If this is what the royal live like, then knight me right now."

I giggled, looking over at my twin as he settled into his recliner chair. Black in colour, the entire thing could lie flat, something I was learning now as both Pollux and Leo laid down in luxury.

My eyes wandered the cabin of the private plane as Phoenix spoke to the pilot. There were two rows of chairs, all wide enough to fit the largest of wolf man. Before every seat was a folding table that disappeared into the wall of the plane, dark wood in colour, they matched the privacy screens splitting the plane in thirds. There was a large bed in the back, some sofas in the centre, and then the chairs at the head of the plane.

There were more televisions than I could count, the carpet a deep, thick grey pile. There was a small kitchen section with complimentary drinks fridge near the cockpit, something I knew Leo was eyeing up. The engines were whirring softly beneath the loud chatter of the cabin.

Safe to say, Phoenix had a lot of money.

Speaking of Phoenix, his voice suddenly picked up in volume. Looking towards the front of the plane, I saw him dismissing the pilot, his hand on his stomach as he squeezed through the small door. Apparently the pilot was a family friend, someone from the castle who would parade Phoenix's parents around when he was younger for royal events.

I watched him with bated breath as his large form walked through the narrow hallway. Despite it being a wide, middle sized jet, Phoenix still managed to make it look small. He smiled at me, running his hand through my hair as he sat in the chair opposite. Letting out a small sigh of content, he spread his feet out in front of him.

"Everything alright?" I wondered, kicking his feet with mine.

"Yeah, we're about to taxi to the runway." He nodded before looking at the others in the cabin. "Buckle up."

Despite the eye rolls of some of our comrades, we all buckled our seatbelts. I had never been in a plane before, and despite the excitement, I felt my stomach churn with nerves. Phoenix left his bond wide open, allowing me into his mind to feel his contentment, so I did the same. He winced slightly as my fear hit him, his chest expanding with the feeling.

Itching at his chest, he gave me a sad smile. "It will be okay. I trust this pilot and his second with my life."

"It's not the pilot himself, it's just..."

"It is your first time, it's going to be nerve-wrecking." He smiled, nudging my foot back.

"Who's first time?" Leo wondered, interrupting. "It isn't Nova's because I am to be an uncle, so you hiding something here Phe-Phe?"

I snickered as Phoenix's eyes narrowed at my brother. I may have mistakenly called him Phe-Phe earlier to rile him up, and Leo overheard. Much like a three-year-old, he latched onto the nickname, repeating it whenever he got the chance.

"You may be my mate's brother, and soon to be father, but I can make that child your last." Phoenix warned.

Despite the fact I knew my mate was only teasing him, Leos' eyes widened at the threat. "Noted."

I giggled and Leo shot me an incredulous look, but I merely shook my head. The plane suddenly lurching distracted everyone from the playful banter, most of us having never been in a plane, we all fell silent. I peered out of the window, watching as we slowly began to move forward. I caught sight of Sean, casually leaning against his window, the only one who didn't seem to affected by the amazing invention of flight.