Grip of the Parasite: Revision

It's very appropriate that this chapter is posted at this time of year. Kinda funny how things turn out. Anyways, Happy Holidays! And have a wintery time until this December's second chapter!

East Tower - Duel Academy - Fusion Dimension

As they reached the room where Rin was, Alexis and Sylvio busted into the cell by pushing their bodies into the door with all their might. Once it opened, they saw that Rin was sitting on the side of her bed, completely surprised by the intrusion.

Alexis raised her hands to prove that she and Sylvio meant no harm. "Take it easy. I'm Alexis and this is Sylvio. We are here to rescue you."

"Are you... Lancers? Yuya's friends?" Rin asked.

"Well, I am. She's just one of our associates." Sylvio confirmed. "Come on! We've got to get you outta here!"

Sylvio offered his hand to her, which Rin nodded and took it. Alexis and Sylvio then escorted Rin out of the tower. Right after they stepped foot outside the tower, Rin stopped and let go of Sylvio's hand.

"Rin?" "Hey, what's the holdup?!"

When the two of them turned to ask Rin what was happening, Alexis and Sylvio were surprised to see that she was attacking Sylvio with a Duel Disk blade that he barely dodged by a hair. They then noticed that the Duel Disk Rin was using was a Duel Academy version with a green-trimmed white body with a violet blade. Sylvio and Alexis stepped back a bit.

"Rin?! What are you doing?! Why're you — "

Rin cut off Alexis. "Stop talking. And let's duel!"

"Rin, what's going on here?!" Sylvio incredulously asked. "Why do you have one of Duel Academy's Duel Disks?!"

Alexis then remembered a horrifying possibility. "It looks like the Doktor got her!" This surprised Sylvio. "Who is this Doktor?"

"I've only heard rumors, but he's supposed to be the Professor's right-hand man, as well as some kind of expert in mind manipulation." Alexis' hypothesis shocked Sylvio. "You mean that someone's controlling her mind?!"

Before anyone could do anything, the sounds of Duel Runners caught their attention. Two Duel Runners then came up to them from the stairway, both white-colored, rode by Yugo and Jack.

"Rin!!" Seeing that Rin was unharmed, Yugo was more than relieved.

Yugo quickly rushed to give his childhood friend (and possible crush) a hug, but Sylvio blocked his path.

"Hey, hold up!"

"What are you doing, Sylvio? Rin's right there!" Yugo demanded.

"She's not the same, Yugo! She's different!" Alexis told the turbo duelist as she approached him while Sylvio kept blocking him from getting to Rin.

"She's being controlled by Duel Academy! She's even using one of their Duel Disks!" Sylvio pointed to the Duel Disk Rin was wearing on her left wrist.

Rin sighed in irritation. "If you're done talking, my new friends and I want to beat you senseless now." Bringing her right hand up, Rin then snapped her fingers. Out of nowhere, a triad of the Shadow Hunters appeared by her side. It consisted of one male and two females. The only male was riding their version of the Duel Runner that Theia used in her pursuit of Shay, Kite, Iggy, and Yuya back in Heartland. They all had their Duel Disks activated and ready for battle.