Battling Suspicion

The beginning of the third chapter is here! Unlike Frost190, I am going to do two duels at the same time. Also, the OC cards will be split into two different groups, so we know who came up with them. Just to be clear, I might be using Frost190's card names to help create new accurate cards. So don't be upset.

In January 2023, while I was doing a recasting of the Chaos Inquisition into the Shadow Flame, I decided to just rewrite the duel Frost190 had instead. The attempt to rewrite a duel with multiple Shadow Flame members without pendulum cards wasn't really working out well.

Slum - Commons Area - New Domino City - Synchro Dimension

Yuya and Yugo, each on their Duel Runners, raced towards the southern direction where the Obelisk Force had been spotted heading. They accelerated at full throttle the moment they noticed a beacon of light piercing the sky, interpreting it as a signal indicating that Duel Academy had located Celina. As they neared their presumed destination, Yuya caught sight of a familiar figure leaping across rooftops.

"Sora!"

Yuya's call drew Sora's attention, prompting him to turn toward the voice, and spotting Yuya waving to him.

"Yuya!" Sora descended from the rooftop, landing on the back of Yuya's Duel Runner.

"Crow told me what's happening. How's Zuzu doing?"

"She's safe. Moon Shadow took her underground with the others. But, listen! I just received some alarming news!" Sora's expression darkened as he recalled the Professor's latest directive.

"Really? What is it?"

"Hey, wait a minute. Who's this guy?" Following Yugo's question, Sora took notice of him and pointed at the familiar-looking face.

"This is Yugo. He is helping us protect Celina and Zuzu. Now, what's the big emergency? We're kind of in a hurry." Yuya said in a hasty tone.

Sora nodded and told them the news. "The Professor just green-lit the invasion of the Synchro Dimension! The army will be here soon to carry it out!" This news shocked and horrified Yuya and Yugo.

"First it was Heartland, now those jerks are targeting my dimension?! Well, they won't get away with it if I have anything to say about it!" Yugo's tone brimmed with defiance.

"This situation just went from bad to worse! We have to find and protect Celina and tell Declan this!" Internally, Yuya wrestled with a rising tide of panic, but he knew maintaining composure was crucial.

"Obelisk Force is heading to where that flare was fired! That's where Celina is. After we make sure she's safe, let's head to the Council Building and formulate a plan."

Yugo concurred with Sora's strategy. "I'm onboard with that! Let's rev it up!"

With resolve in their hearts, the trio sped towards the empty park with unwavering determination at high-speed.

Empty Park - Commons Area - New Domino City - Synchro Dimension

Celina and Riley just had defeated the third wave of Obelisk Force, making it nine in total, and things were not looking good. After the defeated Obelisk Force teleported back to Fusion, another squad emerged to take their place. Exhaustion weighed heavily on them, particularly on Riley, whose stamina was dwindling rapidly. Gasping for breath, their weary legs threatened to give way under the strain.

"Moon Shadow... You have to hurry." Celina murmured weakly, her concern evident as she observed Riley's trembling form. "Riley is nearing his breaking point. I may be stronger, but I must protect him at all costs." She mentally added, noting Riley's exhausted expression.