The Satori and the Catalan Girl

Start from the beginning

"Thank you very much. Now... let's go over the current situation..."

Tokusa explained the plans. It was as follows.

The Embassy of the Japanese Empire in Catalonia, which is the subject of the current investigation, is suspected of running a prostitution business using poverty-ridden local women. The Japanese Foreign Ministry and the International Crime Prevention and Control Division are bringing this case on the basis of "Foreign Criminal Regulations," as stipulated in Article 4-2 of the Criminal Code.

"They are not operating inside the embassy. We are to obtain information about them from local collaborators. Of course, the International Crime unit will be deployed there as well. As soon as we locate the scene, we will surround it and launch a raid."

Octavia, who had cooperated with Maebayashi, was already lingering close to the embassy, and the police officers of the International Crime Prevention and Control Division had already secured a place in a nearby building where they could hide out. Everything is ready. All that remained was to wait for the right moment.

"Alright... let's get going. Onwards to Barcelona," Nakamine said and slowly sat up.

The curtain had finally risen on the capture drama to erase the stain on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evening of the same day

Embassy of the Japanese Empire, Les Corts District, Barcelona

On that day, the people at the embassy, who were in no doubt that the inspectors from the Japanese mainland were leaving Catalonia, contacted the influential figures in Barcelona for tonight's "event." Then, the secretary, Yushi Mizunashi, compiled a list of names and transferred the data to Ambassador Mashiba's PC. The list, which was projected on a holographic display in the air, showed the names of wealthy people living in the city of Barcelona.

"The official physician secretary, Mizunashi, checks for and controls STDs. He makes good pocket money."

Yushi Mizunashi, who works as a secretary at the embassy, also serves as a doctor for the diplomatic mission abroad. As a doctor, he examined the brothels for the presence of venereal diseases and provided preventive care.

"Call the truck tonight. It's been a long time since I've been in business."

"Yes..."

Mizunashi responded to Mashiba's order, bowed, and left his office.

Near the main gate of the Embassy of the Japanese Empire

Half an hour later, Octavia, who had been wandering around the embassy, was so tired that she was dozing off on a bench in the shade of a tree. However, she was suddenly awakened by the sound of a rumbling engine.

"...Huh? ...Ah! That's it!"

Octavia recognized the truck emitting engine noise. It was no doubt the vehicle that occasionally entered and left the Japanese Embassy. Octavia quickly ducked under a bench and stared at the truck.

"...I knew it!"

Octavia finally found what she is looking for and made a call via the hearing aid radio she borrowed from Maebayashi.

"This is Octavia! Satoru, can you hear me? That truck just appeared!"

The truck stopped in front of the embassy's main gate, which opens automatically. While the driver was communicating with someone inside, Octavia took out the "gun" that Maebayashi had given her and aimed it at the truck.