chapter twenty one

Start from the beginning

"Okay", Jaemin says softly.

As soon as Chenle removes his hands, he's being squished against Jaemins body. Chenle hugs him back, holding on tight. He reaches over and grabs his drink to sip while still not breaking out of the hug which makes Jaemin giggle.

"You could ask me to let go."

"Well I don't want to."

The hug goes on for a few more seconds before Jaemin decides to pull away if they ever wanna actually buy something.

"Who did you get?"

"Jeno."

"I got Jisung so this shouldn't be too hard."

"Everything is so much easier when Chenle is standing next to me, telling me what he wants", Mark mumbles.

Haechan chuckles. "I'm not surprised. That would make things easier."

"You got Jaemin, right?" Haechan nods. "I feel like he's easy to shop for."

"He is. But it's harder when you want to make it more personal. He likes sentimental gifts the best by the way."

"Thank you for telling me?"

"You seem to like Jaemin."

"I like all of you."

"Not that way."

Haechan laughs at Mark's red face. "I knew it."

"I did not confirm anything."

"Your face did."

Mark sighs. He continues following Haechan around the store, looking around for anything his best friend might like.

An idea pops into his mind that makes him tap Haechan on the shoulder and point out towards the main part of the mall. Haechan nods and silently follows Mark to wherever he wants to go.

It all makes sense when he walks into the clothing customization shop.

"I know you wanna ask", Jeno speaks up after five minutes of Jisung doing nothing except glancing at him.

"I'm just being nosy."

"Are you planning to let that stop you?"

"So...Haechan?"

"You know what happened, right?"

"I do. But it doesn't mean I completely understand. And there's you to think about it. Are you okay with the fact that you haven't made up for whatever happened?"

"Haechan is great when he's not convinced you're a demon. And I did find it weird. And difficult. I wanna apologize all the time but I think Haechan needs time where we just don't focus on that. 'Cause up until the other day, all our-", Jeno air quotes, "-"relationship" was."

Jisung nods in understanding, always focusing on the knickknacks on the table, searching for something Mark might like.

"Hey, do you think Mark would like this?" He asks, holding a up a tiny, crocheted watermelon that has a keychain attachment.

Jeno chuckles. "Lele does say you're a simple person."

"This is new, I can't actually tell if I'm being insulted or not."

"It's only an insult if you take it that way."

"Ah, I see. What should I get Mark?"

Jeno shrugs. "He likes sports."

"Wow, real helpful."

"You do realize that me and Mark didn't really start getting to know each other until recently, right? Before, I didn't care too much." Jisung nods, not replying. Jeno watches him look at the random stuff for a minute before he rolls his eyes, catching Jisungs attention. "You wanna ask, don't you? Lele said you're more talkative than this."

"I don't wanna overstep."

"I'm a pretty open book if you actually ask questions."

"Fine, why have you never tried to be friends with Mark?"

"First, it was jealousy. I used to despise him for being Chenles best friend too. I was being selfish, I have a hard time with people, found a good person, and didn't wanna share. Then I just felt annoyed that it couldn't be just me and Chenle all the time. Mark never did anything but it was just the situation, you know?" Jisung nods. "Honestly, I think, deep down, Mark scares me."

"What do you mean?"

"Mark is one of the most perfect people I've ever met. And that's with hearing about his lesser moments. People terrify me. I'm afraid they won't like me or if I do, they'll leave me. I don't know know to explain it but it's like...Mark is everything I'm not. And many things I probably won't ever be. It's not just that I was scared I'll lose Chenle to him, I'm afraid I can love him and I'll lose him too. I don't know why but Marks always been like this to me. It's just there's some part of me that just won't let me put my guard down for him but my mind knows I'll be okay. And I usually don't think that."

Jeno waits silently, occasionally looking down for something Haechan might like. Jisung thinks over Jeno's words like they're a clue to a riddle he's trying to solve.

"You're not the only one who's scared", he finally decides on.

"What?"

"Loving people, being that vulnerable, it's terrifying. And it scares people. It took me so long and many mental preparations before I could even accept the fact that Chenles feelings might be not he mutual but I should try anyways. There were many moments were I was scared. Before he told me he's in love with me, he saw me sad a few days before. I was sad cause I knew how I felt but I didn't want to be the only one. It's not just bravery when you admit your feelings, it's love talking and wanting to be shared. My point, Jeno, is that when people tell you they love you, it's because they love you too much to keep it to themselves. Some don't say it verbally but when they can't contain their love, they'll show it somehow. If any of them decide to be brave or that they can't contain their love, it's 'cause they mean it."

JaemLe is so cute, I love them and they're both my (current) main biases.

Okay, I'm doing some thinking and I might change a few plans. Wait, actually....yes? *Thinks over everything cause I'm missing something* Okay I...don't got it

But I will figure something out. I just have some specific ideas that require other things but then it's hard to get to those other things. Idk if that makes sense lmao

This will be continued next chapter

And then...ah, okay *creates some kind of plan I'll probably have to change* Got it

I think that's all for now

About that that anyway^

Here's your daily reminder that I love  you :)

But I fr should start telling y'all everyday. Do y'all look at my announcements?

Before my mind goes down a rabbit hole, let me stop and remind you that I hope you have a good day/rest of your day/tomorrow

I love you!(Again)💙💚

Proofreadingisn'tinmyvocabulary❤️