Meeting the Pack

Meeting the Pack

"Hey buddy, just sit back an relax! Its about a half hour ride to my house, okay? There's some cool Blues Clues on the tv for ya!", said Wes to Hawk. He's great with Hawk! If we ever have kids I know he'll be a great daddy!

We're on our way to Wes' pack house. My nerves are really getting to me! I can't help but wonder what his mother will think of me....What if she hates me!? What if she thinks I'm not good enough for her son? Or that I'm ugly? Or too young and immature-

" Babe relax!", Wes cut off my thoughts, "Stop thinking too hard! They'll love ya!"

He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Ewwwww! Doggie! Sissy has cooties! No kiss her!", giggled Hawk.

Wes gave a wholehearted laugh and said, "I like your sissys' cooties!" and waggled his eyebrows at me. I couldn't help but think his words had a double meaning.....Oh Wes!

Hawk returned to his show and I looked out the window. Everything is just so peaceful and beautiful. I can only hope that I stay here for a long, long time!

There are flowers everywhere and tall trees shade all the roads! I love it! It's like the scenery described only in a romance book! The rolling hills look like the perfect place for family picnics! I wonder if Wes will take me there one day!

I can just picture it now! Wes, Hawk and I along with Wes and I's 8 child-

"We're here!", smiled Wes. Wow time flies when your lost in your thoughts I guess!

"Yay!",clapped Hawk! My baby brother is just too cute!

I looked out the window again and my jaw dropped. A gorgeous white, 5 story mansion stood tall and proud in front of us. It looks so homey, even for it's size! Children were running up and down the yard, their laughter filling the air!

A woman in a bright yellow sundered came running out from the house and shrieked with delight when she saw Wes.

"Baby! You're here! You never visit us anymore, I'm surprised you even showed up! Now who's this?", she asked.

"Hey, Mama", Wes said, "this is my mate Lennon and her little brother Hawk!"

She squealed and ran to hug me and kiss my cheeks.

"Welcome to the family! I'm Rachel, but call me Mama", she said too me and then turned to Hawk, "You too buddy! Welcome to our family!"

Hawk smiled brightly, "Are you like Doggie?"

Rachel looked confused so Wes jumped in, "Yeah, little man, she's just like me! She's a werewolf, a doggie! Her names Rachel"

Rachel smiled, "But you can call me mama!"

I smiled. Thi is incredible. In the past 2 minutes Rachels Ben more of a mama than my mama ever was! She's amazing! I pulled away from Wes and hugged Rachel tightly again.

"Thank you", I whispered.

"Dont thank me, Hun! You're family now!", she returned my hug just as tight, "Now shall we go meet the rest of the pack?!"

"Yes!", answered Hawk, "More doggies! More doggies!"

We all laughed at his remark, but I wasn't as excited as him. I'm a nervous wreck right now!

Rachel picked Hawk up and carried him inside, all the little kids ran in to follow. Wes grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Relax, babe, they'll love you!", he encouraged.

I smiled.

"I hope so!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~