Thirty-five: Zain

If this was true happiness, I had never been happy before. I was brought back to life when she told me she wasn't going to leave. I learned from my mistake. I would do everything that I could to keep her in my life forever. She was the right girl for me and soon, I was going to make her my queen.

"How's your wrist?" I wondered, gently holding her wrist in my hand.

"It's all good. It's not hurting me anymore, but I'm following the doctor's orders," she replied and I nodded. "How's work? Is there anything you need help with?" she asked.

Even if I needed her help, I didn't want to bother her with such matters at that moment.

"I'm handling everything, but I will definitely resort to you if I face any trouble," I told her and kissed her forehead. She smelled amazing. I just wanted to breathe her in.

"Can we have dinner together tonight?" she asked me, and I immediately nodded. I was going to give her whatever she wanted.

"Would you like us to dine here or out?" I asked her.

"Here is fine. I don't feel like going out just yet," she replied. She was still worried about me. It didn't take a genius to understand that. I loved how she cared about me, but I didn't want her to live in fear. I wanted her to enjoy life.

"We will dine here tonight, but I will take you to my favourite spot in the palace. I will escort you from your room at six-thirty, okay?"

"Okay, I can't wait for tonight," she beamed. She had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen in my entire life.

"I have been thinking about this and... maybe you should assign people to taste your food before you eat it. You saw what happened at Carbilia. We don't want that to happen again. I don't mean to interfere, but I'm worried about you. I don't want anything to happen to you," she spoke softly. My heart fluttered at her words.

"I will be fine, and I don't mind if you interfere with my life, Nuriya," I said, making her blush. I didn't like the idea of having people taste my food before me. It didn't feel right to put others at risk, so I would be safe. I was the King. I was supposed to protect people, not put them in danger to save my life.

"I will go tell Mayan that I'm not leaving. She has been feeling down lately," she told me, and I nodded as I watched her leave my office.

"Nuriya," I called her name, making her turn around. "I love this colour on you." Again, she blushed, and I thought this was the most adorable thing ever.

"I think I have another gown in the same shade. I will wear it tonight," she said before closing the door behind her.

I must have been the luckiest man on earth because she decided to give me another chance. She decided that I was worthy enough of her forgiveness. I acted recklessly when I was scared that she might get hurt because of me and I thought that pushing her away would be the best thing for the two of us.

I was at fault though.

Seeing her happy and having her with me at the palace brought joy to my heart. I was ready to do anything to have her by my side. She had not been in my life for long, but I no longer knew what to do without her.

Nuriya knew how to nourish my soul and I planned on holding onto her for the rest of my life.

________________________________________________________________________________Double update cause you guys deserve it for being great supporters 💞💞

Please don't forget to vote and comment!💙

Published on August 30th, 2022

Sara