Being Sick Sucks: For clarinetgirl301

Start from the beginning

He looked shocked but quickly got over it. "I never said you were, sweetheart," he said calmly. He held his hands in front of him, where you could easily see them as he took small and slow steps forward. "I just want to help you."

"Well, I don't need any help!" You started pulling the wagon towards home again.

"Come on, (N/ N), let me help," he begged, trying to take the handle of the wagon from you.

You jerked your hand back and swatted his with your free one. "No! Stop it, Hiccup! I don't need-" you stopped mid sentence and entered a coughing fit.

"(Y/ N)? Love?" Hiccup cried, worried. "(Y/ N)?" You fell to your knees but refused to let go of the wagon. Hiccup grabbed the handle from you and handed it to someone else before pulling you onto his lap.

Once your coughing fit was over your throat burned and tears sprung to your eyes. You suddenly felt helpless and weak and buried your face in Hiccup's shirt.

"(Y/ N)?" he panicked, realizing you were starting to cry. "(N/ N), what's wrong? Come on, sweetheart, please talk to me. Please."

Realizing how weak you looked you quickly wiped your eyes and composed yourself. You stood up and smiled. "Nothing's wrong, Hic," you said cheerfully, acting like nothing had happened. "Thanks," you said to the person holding the wagon, taking it back before getting away from everyone as fast as possible.

"(Y/ N)!" Hiccup called, but you ignored him and continued walking.

When you made it home you put everything away and went straight to bed, extremely exhausted. For once, you were glad that you lived alone.

***************

You woke up suddenly feeling the need to throw up. You put your hand to your mouth and when a bucket was handed to you, you took it without thought and threw up. The person who had handed you the bucket held your (H/L) (H/ C) hair out of the way for you and patted your back gently.

When you finished emptying out your stomach you began to cry. Immediately the person set the bucket down and brought you into their arms. You recognized and welcome the warm, strong arms that protected you. He whispered soothing words and slowly ran his finger through your hair to calm you down.

When your cries turned to little hiccups he handed you some water. "Here," he said, softly. This time, you didn't fight him and allowed him to take care of you. He made and fed you some soup before having you lay down. He moved next to you and brought you into his warm arms. You used his chest as a pillow before falling into a deep sleep.

************

You woke up again and threw up the soup. Again, he held your hair back and comforted you when you began to cry.

"Shh, don't worry, my dear." He placed his lips against your forehead and stiffened on how hot it was. "(Y/ N). (Y/ N), love, I'm going to take you to the healers, okay?"

Not really being able paying attention to the things around you, you nodded. You didn't know quite what he said, but knew he wouldn't do anything to harm you. He picked you up bridal style and carried you outside, where he carefully got on Toothless and flew quickly to the healers.

You saw his lips moving and faintly heard him, but couldn't make out what he was saying. People came rushing out at his calls and one started to take you from him.

"H- Hiccup," you whined, holding onto him tighter.

"(Y/ N), you need to let go of him," someone said.

"No," you said, stubbornly.

He smiled softly and said, "(Y/ N), love, you need to let go. Don't worry, I'll be right here."