Princes All

And we're back! I'm so excited to get this started so I'm going to shut up and save my spiel for the end!

Remember: If this is your first time reading my series, be sure to go back and read A Siren's Call and A Siren's Echo to avoid spoilers!

~/~/~/~

Star City

July 26, 18:35 PDT

"And...done! Finally."

Jennifer Lance gave a satisfied smile to the bouquet of greenery and flowers on the worktable in front of her. She picked up the vase it was in to carry it to a cooler in the other room.

Working in her little flower shop for two years managed to drum up attention so she seemed to get more and more orders every month. But it kept her busy and it paid well enough to keep the lights on, so she didn't mind it at all.

"Mister Kiligan will be here in the morning to pick that up and he needs to pay me the rest of the total amount," she mumbled as she scribbled a note to herself to read the next day. She crossed over to the cash register, sticking the adhesive to the edge of the counter beside it.

The peaceful evening silence was soon interrupted as the bell attached to the front door chimed.

I thought I locked that hours ago... "We're clo-"

Jenna's friendly demeanor immediately dropped when she looked up to see who had walked in. She slapped the pen down on the counter, gripping the edge to brace herself and hold herself up at the same time.

"Isn't it bad enough you keep coming to my apartment relentlessly?" she inquired.

The intruder's brow furrowed sadly. "Can we please talk?"

"I already told you no, Dick. I'm not interested in helping you at all."

Dick threw his hands up as Jenna breezed past him to the front door. "Why not?"

Jenna looked down at the lock, eyes narrowing when she realized how he had gotten in once she knew it was him. He could have broken the lock trying to pick it. Then I'd have to go and replace it. Idiot.

"You know why," she said, finally turning around. "Now, do I have to shut the door in your face again for you to get a clue?"

Dick ran a hand through his hair with a heavy sigh. "Hear me out. There's something I could really use your help with tomorrow in Moscow," he begged.

Jenna rolled her eyes. "Let me guess, the meta-human trafficking."

More and more kids were getting abducted and tested for the gene in the last couple of years since the Reach began to do just that. Assuming they even survived the gruesome process, the teens were often shipped off to do the bidding of yet another cruel person.

Of course Jenna had a heart, and she still cared about those who needed help, but the discomfort wasn't enough incentive to work with her old friend. Especially when he had many others at his disposal.

"Well, forget it," she continued. "Because I don't know if I want to work with someone when they may keep me out of the loop of important things."

At least Dick had the decency—or audacity—to wince. "How many more times do I have to apologize?"

Jenna pretended to think it over, shrugging as she crossed her arms. "Maybe when I know it's genuine?"

She pointed a finger straight at him. "After all, you and Kaldur were the ones to decide to keep secrets from me," she reminded, jabbing her thumb in a hypothetical direction. "And at least he has had enough respect for me to leave me alone. You clearly don't."