Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Hey, Quackity!" Jschlatt called, making Quackity jump from the wall he was slamming his back on, in the file room. His wings were so itchy and they hurt all the time, but he figured that was because of him binding them so tight to he back, so no one could see them poking from his clothes. But the pain made it easier to ignore the itching.

"Yes! Yes, what do you need?" He said, clearing his throat, and turning just in time to see Jschlatt entered the room.

"For starters you could explain why you seem to have a problem with the walls lately?" Jschlatt asked, holding a stack of papers in one hand.

"Just an itch in a hard to reach spot." Quackity answered quickly. "I got it though."

"You've also been following me around. Its starting to look stalkerish." Jschlatt said, with narrowed his eyes. "You're not hiding something from me. Are you, Quackity? That's not a good look on you, you know." He said, in a warning tone.

"I-I'm not. We're partners." Quackity said, hoping to ease some of the unneeded suspicion. He hadn't meant to follow Jschlatt around, there was just something in him that wanted the man close, and he couldn't fight it. He grew worried when the man wasn't in sight.

"Then be truthful Quacktiy. What are you hiding from me?" Jschlatt demanded. "Are you planning on stabbing me in the back Quackity?"

"No!" Quackity shook his head.

"Well, we're suppose to be partners and partners tell each other stuff that could cause problems." Jschlat said.

Quackity nodded. Would it be so bad telling one person about his wings? Someone that could help him keep his secret and reach the hard to reach places? Maybe even help him with how crazy his mind has been since the wings appeared? He needed someone and for some reason something in his brain wanted Jschlatt and he did know why. "Okay, I'll tell you. Just...Just promise not to freak out." He breathed out.

"I have wings...."

Quackity took deep breaths, trying to breath through the dizzy spell that didn't want to leave him be, which was hard with a big rock on his chest. He was able to get his arm free, but no matter how hard he pushed and tried to sit up, the stupid rock wouldn't budge. It was getting colder the longer he stayed down half buried in the pile of rocks and snow. He could guess with how long he'd been down and trapped in the hole in the ground. The light of the sun had moved from one side of the sky to the other, and he was starting to panic slightly. He thought for sure that, that stupid little crow would come back with Phil and Techno close behind after snitching on his location. But not even the crow had come back. He had long reached the fallen wooden pickax, but with each awkward swing he could see the wood of the pickax breaking, while the rock barely had a crack in it.

He screamed in frustration with something else lodged in his throat that wanted to escape, as he pushed with all his might and fought to keep it up when he thought he felt the rock on top of him wiggle, only to end up having to lay be down. He scream echoing around him that had a few more rocks falling. Not as bad as earlier, but it sure wasn't helping his effort to get out from the pile on top of him.

A flutter of wings pulled his attention up to see the crow with the bow. It was back. "You came back." He said, picking himself up on his elbow as much as he could, ignoring the wave the swam in his head when he did so.

The crow, warbled with a tilt of its head.

"Where's Phil?" He asked.

The crow tilted its head the other way.