Chapter 16: Spur of Emotions

Start from the beginning

Haruno: "I mean, you have put your achievements in the records."

Ah right, the achievement section of the records. I don't think I'll touch on that paper until the very end of the entire festival work.

I mean, it's the most pointless. What does it matter if I have to cite my own accomplishments? If they were good accomplishments, then there would be no reason to cite them.

Haruno: "Time for a quiz~! What makes a group come together like no other?"

Y/N: "I don't know, a good leader?"

Haruno: "Oh come on~ You know what it is! A common enemy." She wore a smug smile.

Y/N: "Oh, shut up..." I looked away in annoyance.

She basically stated the fact that, because I shit on everyone's pride and work ethics last time we were in this committee room, they began to work harder and show their true strength because they didn't want me to be right.

I guess that's a good thing, on paper it is. But the fact that I had to bring them down in order for them to lift themselves up is already enough of a problem, and it takes more effort. Someone's worldview could also affect how meaningful they take someone's words.

But sometimes, breaking through that worldview and showing the person on the other side what their true colors are really breaks them. It's like bringing all their flaws right to their face, and as much as they want to deny it, it's simply impossible to.

Haruno: "Well, now that you played the enemy, you got a heroic action in response. Conflict with the enemy brings about technology!" Wow, can you please shut up now?

Haruno took a glance over to Yukino, smiling a little, however it wasn't a plastered one. This felt genuine, no matter the intention behind her eyes. However, if I were to name an intention...

Something like... Oh, I get it now.

Y/N: "Haruno-san, did you purposefully-"

Haruno: "Shhh. I don't like boys who catch on~" She pressed her finger against my lips, leaning in close to me as she whispered her words.

She gave me an almost sultry look, as if she wanted to keep me a certain way, or at least to keep me oblivious to something that was rather obvious.

All this time, she had Yukino purposefully at a position lower than Sagami. However, Yukino isn't one to simply play by her role and simply do what is given to her. She'll go above and beyond.

Hence, why Yukino is in more control of this whole committee, than Sagami is of even a group of students in the classroom.

And since Sagami is technically in less control, her pride or her popularity is basically shattered along with it.

I don't think Sagami can gain back the control she so recklessly handed over to Yukino. If she expected her to get all of the credit since she was the committee chairman, then she obviously doesn't know Yukino enough to realize that she would only be credited in the work that she had ACTUALLY done.

As I thought to myself, Yukino had ended up making her way over to me, dropping a stack of papers, and 2 folders worth of paperwork on the right side of my desk.

Yukino: "Assistant, back to work."