Vol 1 - Chapter 4: Swimming Class

"Good morning, Kondou!"

"Good morning, Yamawaki!"

Arriving to class, Yamawaki wore a broad grin as he called out to Kondou. It was rather unusual for them to get here so early. It'd been two days since the entrance ceremony, and Yamawaki and Kondou would always make it to class right before the bell rang.

"Whew, man! I was looking forward to today so much that I barely slept last night!"

"Ah ha ha! This school is just the best! I can't believe that it's almost time for swimming! And when I say swimming, I mean girls. And when I say girls, I mean girls in school swimsuits!"

It was true that swimming classes were co-ed. In other words, that meant that Hiyori, Manabe, and all of the other girls would be showing off a lot of skin.

The girls backed away from Yamawaki and Kondou's rabid excitement as they began recruiting comrades for their magnificent idea of placing bets on which girl in our class has the largest tits.

Why tits? We all know thighs are better.

At the same time, the boys crawled out of the woodwork. The girls in the classroom looked at them like they were dirt.

"Um, Kiyotaka-kun..."

As I observed the boys, my seatmate called out to me, worriedly.

"What is it, Hiyori?"

"Y-you're not going to... join them, are you?"

One byproduct of my apathetic, unchanging expression is that my thoughts aren't apparent to an observer.

From Hiyori's perspective, it could be interpreted that I was interested just like the rest of the boys.

"No, I'm just spectating. If this becomes too much of a problem, I'll step in and deal with them."

Allowing this to happen was out of the question, the girls already held a low opinion of the boys. A lack of unity could be detrimental to the class moving forward.

"Thank goodness, I'm glad Kiyotaka-kun isn't like that."

"Don't worry Hiyori, I'll protect you from anyone who is like that."

I returned my attention to the herd and spotted an anomaly. Approaching the boys was our one and only local tyrant, Ryuuen Kakeru.

"Kukuku, looks like you lot are having fun. What's going on over here?"

"Eh? W-well to tell you the truth, we're taking bets on the girls' chest sizes."

Ryuuen's sudden entry into the scene had brought about a change in the boys' moods. Tension followed him wherever he went, after all. If he was against it, most would abandon the plan to avoid a confrontation.

"We've come up with some probabilities."

One of the students took out a tablet and opened a spreadsheet. I assume it had a list of all the girls in our class along with their odds.

I was curious to see how Ryuuen would respond to this incident.

"KUKUKU! So you're down bad, eh? And you're making bets? Do you need to refill your tissue fund? Kuku."

I don't know what a tissue fund is, and I don't want to know either.

"H-hey!! Don't be so loud, the girls are gonna hear us."

Do they not realize every girl in the class is eavesdropping right now?

Ryuuen had gathered the attention of the whole class, if he joined right now I was certain most girls would skip the class. If that came to pass, we'd lose a lot of points next month.