Vol 1 - Chapter 3: Club Fair

5:00 am

I woke up, not even one second after the turn of the hour. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

No matter how fatigued I am when I drift off, I will always arise at this exact time the next day. This habit doesn't seem like it will change any time soon.

As per usual, I start the day off with breakfast. After that, I leave for my morning exercise.

A few hours later, I am ready for my first day of learning in a normal school. Making my way out, I hear the door of an adjacent room open at the same time.

Naturally, I looked over to identify who my neighbor for the next three years would be.

"Oh no." I muttered.

My curiosity was answered with a fist approaching my face at high velocity. Behind said fist, was a menace to society, as well as the worst possible neighbor.

Despite being caught off guard, I was still able to dodge in time and threaten my assailant with a more powerful blow to the face, stopping a short moment before I would have made contact.

"Good morning, Monster. Lovely weather we're having today, don't you think? Kukuku."

Looks like the nickname is permanent, naturally I need to reciprocate.

This guy got 'Monster' from his perception of me, I should come up with something based on his characteristics.

"That it is, truly spectacular. Good morning, Dragon."

"What the fuck did you just call me?"

"I called you Dragon. Do-ra-go-n. Quite fitting right?"

Ryuuen didn't seem to appreciate his new nickname, he looked like he would start breathing fire any second now.

"I'll fucking kill you, Monster."

"Sure, whatever you say, Dragon."

On that day, our walk to school was not exactly quiet and peaceful. In fact, it was neither, just chaotic.

...

...

...

On our second day of school, the first day of classes, we spent most of our time running over course objectives. Apparently, many students were quite surprised, if not a little disappointed, by how genuinely warm and friendly the teachers at this school looked.

No matter what the class did, the they would not be reprimanded. We had a good start to the day, but halfway through, there was a sharp decline in diligence.

The behavior of the students was only corrected when Ryuuen warned the class about the punishments we could face if we didn't pay attention. Of course, he didn't approach the topic too kindly, and insulted the almost childish lack of basic manners in the classroom.

The prideful students of Class C didn't stand for it and behaved to try and prove they were better than that.

Though he did not rule the class officially just yet, Ryuuen was easily manipulating the whole class into doing what he wanted.

His reputation was not high by any means, but everyone still listens to what he has to say and recognizes his capabilities as a leader. They don't accept his methods, but they can at least tolerate his unique brand of charisma.

If he acted like the tyrant he will be when he officially takes over, the class would not be so receptive right now. He knew that too, so he was playing 'kind', or at least his own definition of 'kind'.