Vol 1 - Chapter 2: Convenience Store

Soon after my encounter with Ryuuen, I decided to swing by the convenience store on my way back to the dormitory. Of course, I went alone, hanging out with Ryuuen was not what I wanted right now.

Before parting ways, he had tried to fight me again. Even though I can get him expelled any time I wish, he insists on testing my patience.

"My, what an unpleasant coincidence."

Entering the convenience store, I ran into my least favorite acquaintance once again. It was the black-haired girl who loves to glare at people.

I didn't need to look at her to know she's glaring at me right now.

In fact, I also didn't want to look at her, she might start questioning me again. I pretended not to hear.

"Stop ignoring me!" I still pretended not to hear.

Does she still want to know why I looked at her on the bus? I had no idea it meant so much to her.

Anyway, there was no shortage of things you needed when starting life in a dorm. Right before I left the mansion, Matsuo had briefed me on all the essentials I might need and gave some budgeting advice.

Right now, I have a 100'000 point budget to work with. The essentials will cost me a few thousand total while meals will cost a few hundred daily, I could save more if I learn to cook.

If I'm modest with my spending, I could make it to the end of the month with over 90'000 points, but depriving myself like that would not be worth the extra 5-10 thousand points it saves.

I didn't come here to live as a peasant, but I also don't have a particularly extravagant lifestyle, I'll only spend a few thousand points on monthly living expenses after getting the essentials.

"You still haven't answered my question." And I was not going to.

In this school, 'anything' can be bought with points. If you had unlimited points, you could do a lot more than just buying out every shop, you may be able to influence the school as a whole to some degree.

I haven't yet asked Sakagami-sensei about the limits of the point system, so I can only speculate right now, but it's something I look forward to experimenting with.

Still, as an individual, I only have about 80'000 points to play around with while living comfortably. This is not nearly enough, buying anything of value from the school won't come cheap. If I want to experiment, I need to reach beyond my own wallet.

"Why were you looking at me on the bus? Answer me. Right now."

Every student in Class C received 100'000 points. There are 40 students per class, which means Class C as a whole received 4'000'000 points. That is more points than we actually need. If all 40 students set aside half their points as savings, we would have 2 million points to work with. With that amount, many things unattainable at an individual level become affordable.

Since we'll be in the same class for three years, we could make large purchases benefitting everyone, these could be things as simple as buying more comfortable chairs, for example. The classroom is quite bland, it could use some decorations.

The most effective way to amass points seems to be collecting from a fraction of a group's monthly allowance, Ryuuen should eventually realize this too.

To put it's effectiveness into numbers, the upper limit for this method would consist of taking a large fraction of the allowance of every student in the school.

If 480 students each gave you 50'000 points every month, you could collect an absurd 24'000'000 every month and 288'000'000 in a single year. 3 years of this would produce 864'000'000, nearly in the billions. Of course, this was infeasible, it's highly impractical since you'd have to take over the entire school in under a month. Some classes also won't even receive that much every month, you can't take points that don't exist.