Vol 1 - Chapter 1.2: Tyrant

"Kukuku. Not nice to meet you all, I'm Ryuuen Kakeru. From today onwards, I'll be the one leading this class. If anyone gets in my way..." he glanced at me before continuing "kuku, I'll crush them."

What's up with the 'kuku' thing?

"Huh?! Don't fuck with us, no one's gonna agree to that!!!"

"Who do you think you are? And why do you have such a creepy laugh!?"

"Why do we even need a leader?"

"We'll never let you lead us!!"

As one might expect, his declaration was received badly. He had created an angry mob, centered on himself.

One green-haired delinquent strolled up to the podium to face Ryuuen directly, hands in his pockets on the way. He stopped half a meter away and glared at the tyrant who had enjoyed every second of his overly dramatic walking.

"Oi, bastard! I'm not gonna let some prick like you walk all over me, if you cause problems in my class, I'll beat the shit out of you! Understand?"

"Your class? This is my class, dumbass. Kukuku, who the fuck are you anyway?"

"The name's Daichi... Ishizaki Daichi. Hope you remember it when you wake up in the infirmary."

"Kukukukuku! Think you're a badass or something? You look like you were born to be a lackey."

The tension in the room was rising. Ishizaki couldn't tolerate any more of Ryuuen's trash talk, he lunged at him with a right hook which Ryuuen narrowly dodged. Before Ishizaki could make his next move he was already on the floor, clutching his stomach in pain.

"Kuku, all it took was one punch. Someone, take this guy to infirmary."

The whole class had seen this altercation.

Most looked at Ryuuen with fear, which was understandable.

He's obviously no stranger to violence, he can clearly beat most people here in a fight.

In fact, he's probably led people the same way before, he seems to have experience. However, that wouldn't be an easy thing to pull off in this school. There're security cameras all over the place, he can't be reckless.

But that does not mean it's impossible for him.

The thing that sets Ryuuen apart from other delinquents is his cunning.

During the entrance ceremony, he was observing the other classes the same way I was. And earlier, when Sakagami-sensei was explaining the S-system he caught onto some of the hints given by the school.

With the right strategy he could rule the class with violence, even if the school had a zero-tolerance policy.

He had provoked Ishizaki into attacking him. Since Ishizaki threw the first punch, Ryuuen was justifiably defending himself. That's not something he can be reasonably punished for.

Noticing the cameras in each corner of the room, Ryuuen knew very well that he couldn't be careless in front of a security camera, he could only harm someone if it were in self-defense, by engineering such a situation with the short-tempered Ishizaki, he could be a little violent and instill fear into the class.

Many students aren't brave enough to stand up to such a person, a few would already be willing to submit at this stage, especially the unathletic ones. It would be no exaggeration to say Ryuuen already has significant degree of control over the class, but not a majority.

However, while gathering low level pieces isn't necessarily a bad idea, it would be more efficient to conquer and convert the most powerful opposing forces first. The rest would fall in line like dominoes.