Epilogue

3 years later:

i wake up with my arms wrapped around like i've done every morning for the past 6 months. living with evelyn has been a dream come true. Luke moved out to move in with maggie (which is finance now) since their getting ready to start a family. when i was discussing looking for a new roommate with evelyn she suggested her self. i was thrilled to have her want to live with me. everything thing has been great. and i don't even mind when salem comes over and they're up till 3am which keeps me up till 3am. i never complain because this is her space too and she needs to feel like she can have over whoever she wants.
i take a big whiff of her strawberry and mint scented hair and laugh to myself that she still uses the same shampoo.

"mm goodmorning." she says rolling over

"morning honey." i kiss her nose and she smiles at me.

i want to wake up like this every day for the rest of my life. and if she says yes tonight, i will. today is our 3 year anniversary. i'm taking her to the annual halloween festival that we never got to go to 3 years ago and i'm going to ask her to be my wife. well that was the plan anyways, but staring at her like this, shirtless with the covers over her just below her shoulders. that bright smile on her face, the morning sun shining brightly on her pale skin through my blinds, i'm thinking of changing that plan. she's just so perfect.

"i love you so much." i simply say and she laughs at me.

"i love you too weirdo." she says playfully rolling her eyes at me.

"i wanna spend every single morning like this for the rest of my life." i say pulling her closer to me by her hips. staring deeply into her eyes.

"me too babe." she kisses my cheek

"i'm serious evelyn. i don't ever want this to end. i want-" i shut my eyes tightly and take a deep breath before opening them again. i look at her with an expression that lets her know i mean what i'm about to say. "i want to spend every day with you. i want to possibly start a family with you, i want grow old with you-" i pause to shortly let go of her and reach in my drawer for the ring her mother gave me when i brought this up a few months ago. "i want to promise to love you unconditionally for the rest of my life evelyn." i kiss her deeply before opening the box to reveal a square diamond with a simple engagement band. "i want you to be all fucking mine forever babe, will you ma-"

she immediately kisses me before i can get another word out, wrapping her arms around my neck before flipping over on top of me with her legs straddling my thighs.

"yes matthew. i will so fucking marry you." she smiles widely at me and i take her left hand to place the ring on it.

"it's beautiful." she says examining the ring.

"it was your mothers."

"really??"

"yeah, i got it from her a couple months ago."

"wow, you've been thinking about this for a long time." she says pulling her gaze away from the ring and back down at me

"yeah, haven't you?" i say raising an eyebrow

"well... yeah." she says shyly and i can see her start to blush.

"come here you." i say pulling her face down towards mine to start kissing her again.

an hour later and we're both a sweaty tangled mess of naked bodies. i kiss her lips softly once more before letting her drift off to sleep again. i stare at her sleeping for a while, taking it all in, getting used to the fact that i get to wake up next to a beautiful woman for the rest of my life.

i kiss her cheek and whisper "i love you." softly into her ear. a faint smile appears on her lips and i scoot up behind her, letting myself fall back asleep with her in my arms.