Chpt 5- School Spirit

"hey doll, i gotta run to the bank, you okay by yourself here for a while?" shawna says to me, grabbing her purse and heading for the door,
i push a strand of hair behind my ear as i hand a customer their drink.

"yeah that's fine we're not to busy right now" i smile at her and she holds the door open for the customer before walking out behind them.

I start cleaning and re stocking where need be, just trying to keep myself busy until we get another customer. then i see a car pull up, finally a drink a to make. Matthew steps out of the car and i feel my whole body tense up. i fix my hair, adjust my apron and grab a rag and begin wiping down the counter so i'm not just staring at him as he walks in.

"hey there" butterfly's erupt in my stomach as his deep voice greets me.

"hey mr...ahem, matt." it feels so weird saying it but we're not in school right now and he did say i could call him that,

"same thing or do you wanna try something different this time?" i say and he leans on his hands against the counter.

"hm, anything you recommend?" he looks up towards the menu above my head.

"well i do love coffee, but i'm also a big tea drinker, and we just got this new white blueberry tea. you can have it hot or iced. and it's still caffeinated. i think it's pretty good."
he thinks about it for a moment before replying.

"yeah okay fuck it i'll try it." he smiles and i give him one back.

"great, that'll be $3.50" he swipes his card and i go to make his drink. once i'm done i hand it to him and he takes a sip

"wow...wow! i've never been a big tea guy but that's really good." he says before taking another sip. "what time do you get off?" he asks me and my eyes go wide.

"uhm, about an hour, why?"

"let's hang out."

"what? is that a good idea?"

"why not? we're friends right? and we can't limit our conversations to just texting right?" he smiles and i feel like my whole body is melting.

"yeah, i guess you're right. what would we do?" he shrugs his shoulders takes another drink of his tea

"you play video games? cod zombies?"

"yeah i've played a few times, i'm not that good though."

"well let's play. i can get a bunch of snacks, we can order food, and if we get tired of playing we can watch a movie or something."

"you mean like.. at your house?"

"well yeah, unless you're not comfortable coming over our first time hanging out."
i think about it. i mean i don't have any other ideas.

"no that sounds fine. text me the address, i'll be there after work." i shoot him a smile

"sounds good." he smiles back and and walks out. suddenly i let out a big sigh, like i haven't been breathing the entire time he was in there.

Matthew's Pov:

"i need you gone tonight dude." i say to luke, who's sitting on the couch as i walk into my apartment.

"why?" he doesn't even look up from the tv

"i have a girl coming over, i don't want to weird her out with another person here." i don't want luke to meet her yet. i don't feel like explaining to him how i met her as of right now. i mean i know he wouldn't care considering it's not that much of an age difference. i just simply don't feel like dealing with him being here tonight.