Chpt 7- Yes Sir

Evelyn's pov:

i haven't texted him since that night, he hasn't reached out either. he hasn't stopped by my work at all, and the two days i stayed until after class a little longer he didn't say anything to me, so i started just leaving when the bell rang again. i know what happened was hard on him. and i know he was probably embarrassed for me to see that. but i don't know why he's acting like i did something, why he's completely avoiding me. the bell rang and i stay until the last kid leaves. i get up out of my chair and walk right over to his desk.

"why?" i say staring at him.

he looks up at me and leans back in his chair.
"why what?"

"why have you been avoiding me? i didn't do anything. i know that night was weird for you but i don't think that's a valid reason to ghost me." i cross my arms and stand up straight and tall.

he takes a deep breath "her being there, her coming back, me seeing her again. it brought up a bunch of past emotions. i had just gotten over her again and i know her being here didn't go over well but it still brought some feelings back. i didn't want to text you or anything while i was thinking of her. it felt wrong to me." he looks up at me with apologetic eyes.
"i'm sorry evelyn. i didn't mean to hurt you."

"i wasn't hurt.. just confused. i wanted to know what i could of possibly done."

"you didn't do anything, it was just me being stupid."

"so..are you still thinking about her?" i look down at the floor

"no. it was just for a few days, i've convinced myself i don't miss her, just miss what i had with her. that doesn't mean i want that again though. i'm still not ready to open up like that, but i miss being able to."

"yeah, i understand. well thanks for clarifying." i turn around and begin heading towards the door.

"hey evelyn!" he says and i turn back around
"do you uhm, wanna come over? we can play cod again..if you want. or not, we can do something else i just, i wanna see you." he says standing up and slipping his hands in his pockets.

"i'll see you after work." i say and give him a little smile before walking out the door

i have about 10 minutes before i get off work so i start on my closing duties. i'm kind of rushing which catches shawna's attention.

"what are you in a hurry for young lady?" she leans up against the counter.

"what? i don't know what you're talking about."

she raises an eyebrow at me.
"spill."

i sigh
"well if you must know, i'm going to a boys house tonight."

"oh my! is he cute?"

"incredibly. absolutely gorgeous."

"well i'm glad to hear that sweetie. go ahead and leave. go home! shower! i'll finish up here with bryan."

"really? thank you!" i hug her before hanging up my apron and heading home

i step out of the shower completely shaved. legs, pits, and.. ya know. i start blow drying my hair and once that's done i search for my dark green set that i already know he likes. over it i wear a plain white t shirt and short shorts. i leave my hair down and slip on a pair of slides.

i knock on his door and he quickly opens it. he smiles widely at me and pulls me in, he shuts the door behind me before pushing me up against it. we interlock our lips and i try to reach around his neck before he takes my arms and holds them above my head with one hand. he uses the other hand to hold my face. he kisses me passionately, letting our tongues dance around each other. eventually he pulls away and let's me take my arms down. he looks at me, smiling and breathing heavily. then he wraps his arm around my waist and leads me to the couch where we sit down right next to each other.