Epilogue

Humans have this complex, where they have to survive at all costs. I thought that at first, but right now, not anymore.

Darkness was all around me. I do not know where I am or what happened, the only thing that I know is that I am dead.

I cannot move or make any sound. I cannot see or hear anything. I reflect on what I have done.

Maybe it was not the wisest decision, but it is the only escape. If we are in a difficult position, sometimes death is the only escape. I could not be able to stay alive knowing that I am the last person in the world, much less knowing that I am alone in a constant waiting for a zombie to appear.

Maybe all the choices that I have done were the worsts I could do. Maybe I should have killed my sister and lived in a camp. But I do not regret anything I have done.

Like the man in the forest, I cannot live like that, without my sister, without my family. Either they being monsters or not.

I thought that I could survive that apocalypse, but I guess that being a fighter or a survivor is something that does not suit me.

Living in an apocalypse is waiting for death eventually, a painful and sad death. My mind goes to all the moments I lived with my family, and I smile, at least I think I smiled. If I knew this was going to end like this, I would have tried to live my life to the fullest.

I do not know what is going to happen to me after this, maybe I will go to hell, to heaven, reincarnate as a new person or live my life as a wanderer soul. But one thing I know, this nightmare is over and it will not affect me anymore.

If anyone ever finds happiness living in a world like this, I congratulate them. But I cannot, at least not on this condition. Because for me this was just a big nightmare.

A zombie nightmare.

__________________________________

And like this our story comes to an end. I hope you liked and thank you for reding my first published story.

Word count: 352