Chapter 1

I slowly feel the bones of his neck breaking up, he leaves a huge scream before his head is completely apart from his body. Slowly I raise my scythe, dripping blood from its blade. I look around, only to see my worst nightmare. My sister was going to be shot.

   I tried to reach her, stopping the man that was going to shoot my sister. But it was in vain, the sound that came out from his gun echoed in the place.

   I was fucked.

   "LAUREN!"

__________________________________

   I was a normal girl, living a normal life. I had a family, dad, mom, and my sister Lauren. My name is Vivian, and my life was normal, until one day everything turned upside down.

   Me and my sister were walking alongside the road that led us to our farm.

   "Sister! There is something wrong..." Lauren talks with me, pointing at a person who was bending over their knees. A woman. Suddenly she falls, we look at each other and get close

   "I'm sorry..." I stopped talking soon as I hear a weird sound coming out of that person's mouth

   It looked like she was choking, maybe it was a convulsion because the muscles were rigid and the body was trembling. All of a sudden, the person rises, and the choking sound became a breath-needed sound.

   I get closer to Lauren and pull her behind me

   "Let's go home. This person is scaring the hell outta me..." I grab Lauren's hand and pull her in to continue the path

   The woman was now standing up and her head slowly turns to us. Her eyes were blank. She looks at us, her head almost rotates 180º degrees, like it was upside down. She emits a weird primal sound, almost like an animal, and in less than one second, she starts running in our direction.

   I never felt so afraid in my life before, what was happening? I almost saw my life pass in front of my eyes and the woman was one meter away from me. I briefly saw Lauren behind me, just before she pushes me to the ground and the woman goes for her.

   She bites my sister on the ankle after tripping over her feet and falling to the ground. Lauren screams in agonizing pain and the woman doesn't let her go. I needed to do something. I look around and I noticed a pile of bricks that must have been part of the foundation of a house.

   I get closer to the bricks, while Lauren's screams echoed all around me. That was hurting me so much, but the way that the woman was acting, if I got close, it was probable that I was going to get hurt too and I could not stop what she was doing.

   After picking up one brick I get closer as fast as I can to Lauren, she was resisting as much as she could. My sister looks me in the eyes, hers were emitting sadness and pain. I look at her feet and it was showing fresh flesh, the woman's mouth was covered with blood and the floor around her feet was covered by a red cloak.

   I come close to them and with my hands around the brick, I put them in the air. With a strength that I did not know I had. I crush the woman's head.

   It didn't look like a normal person's head, it crushed with a huge facility, like if I was destroying eggs.

   Blood splattered in all directions. The head was destroyed. I look to Lauren who was gripping her feet, trying to stop the pain.

   "Lauren! Lauren! Are you ok? What the heck just happened?" I get closer to her, ignoring the guilt that was on me

   "I don't know...I don't even know why she bit me" even though that person was acting weird, I just killed her