Snippet #6

S- Alright, y'all. Levi just interviewed the first Catwoman, but I'm here with the Catwoman from the Batman movie and the one who has made the most appearances with us. It's Lee Meriwether!

L Mw- Hello out there!

S- Alright, Lee! Would you please tell us how you got the part and how you liked it?

L Mw- Well, the producers were trying to find a replacement for Julie Newmar because she was busy filming a western movie called Mackenna's Gold. I was chosen because of how well I mimicked cat behavior.

S- Gawrsh! Now how'd you like the role?

L Mw- It was fun, Sammy, but the costume was a pain to get into. The material was like a stretchy, but metallic material, and I hardly managed to find the zipper.

S- So in other words, the costume was like a... half rubber, half metal?

L Mw- Yes, dear.

S- And did you feel lucky to be replacing Julie?

L Mw- I did, but I was new. You have to understand, everyone else had played their roles before and I was new to the game. So I was extremely nervous about playing this role.

S- Did the guys help you with it?

L Mw- Yes. Cesar Romero was so kind to me. Sometimes, he protected me during intense scenes and he was always there to help. He always said to let him know if I was having any trouble or anything. 

S- Oh, gee. 

L Mw- And Burgess Meredith took me to the movies to put me at ease. Frank Gorshin was a very funny man. It was just a dream cast. It was an amazing experience.

S- Wow! It sounds like a heck of a time. Thanks a lot, Lee.