Snippet #5

D- Everyone, it's time for another villain interview. And this time, we'll be asking for some very interesting facts from a very beautiful MGM actress. She's best known for portraying Morticia Addams on The Addams Family, but on Batman, she's Marsha, Queen of Diamonds. She's Carolyn Jones!

C.J- Hello, Deric. And hello to your darling followers out there.

D- Ah, Carolyn. The shiniest member of the Addams family. But one of the most villainous criminals in Gotham City. Maybe that's why she only made two appearances. She's had a pretty long prison sentence.

C.J- *laughs* Maybe. 

D- And speaking of, would you tell us a little bit about your Bat-villain?

C.J- Of course, darling. She's Marsha, Queen of Diamonds. Now she's the queen of diamonds because she loves diamonds so very much.

D- Wow! Well there's a hunk of logic for you.

C.J- Yes. Her main scheme is to steal the Bat-Diamond from the Batcave. The Bat-Diamond powers every device in the Batcave. So Marsha asks her aunt Hilda to make a love potion for her.

D- Oh, yeah, I remember. Aunt Hilda is hilarious.

C.J- The love potion works on Commissioner Gordon, Chief O'Hara and Robin. It makes them fall in love with me and eventually puts them into a deep sleep.

D- But why didn't you give Batman the potion?

C.J- I do, but he's too good at resisting its power. 

D- Thank goodness for Batman's super strength. What happens in your second appearance?

C.J- I partner up with the Penguin in my second appearance. We pretend to make a movie with Batman and Robin, but it's really a cover story to wreak havoc on the museum we're filming in.

D- And of course, Batman and Robin win in the end.

C.J- Yes they do, darling.

D- Tell us how you liked working on Batman.

C.J- I loved it very much. Burt Ward kept wanting to call me Morticia, but I didn't mind. The cast is lovely and I was very proud to be on the show.

D- Thank you, Carolyn Jones!