Chapter 1: A new Desk Mate

Everyone has something they want to hide. Something they want to keep a secret. Maybe their a hidden otaku or sleep around. Everyone has a secret that helps define who they are. But what happens when your secret self takes control completely, leaving the rest of you behind?
——-
The bus was crowded, but not particularly loud. I had no other choice but to ride on here though. I could hardly afford to eat, let alone pay for some taxi. I had no parents or friends to drive me.

An old man came on the bus, looking for a place to sit. It took a few seconds for my brain to comprehend what I needed to do.
"Hey, you can have my seat."
"Oh,my. Thank you."
As I stood up from my seat, I couldn't help shake off the feeling that someone was staring daggers into my back.
It would be no use to turn around though.

What I just did was establish myself as a nice guy. I had seen people wearing the schools uniforms when I first got on the bus, and it would be helpful to make a good first impression.

When the bus got to the school, every student piled off. I kept my head down, looking at no one. The sun was shining, and the front gate was right in front of me.
"So this is it, an Advanced school..."
It was big, the biggest schools I've ever seen. What the heck was this place?
"How long do you plan on standing there? Your making people walk around you."

I quickly turn around, to see a girl with long black hair glaring at me. Crap.
"Right"
I chose to briefly reply while turning around. I walked through the front gate, and headed towards Class D.

It seemed I was late to arrive, as some people had already been talking to each other. I was nothing special to look at, so no one paid me any mind as I headed to the back of the classroom.

I decided to sit by a guy, who frankly, had a strange haircut. But who am I to judge.
"You gave up your seat on the bus."
He spoke to me, and I was sort of at a loss for words.
"I did, took me a few seconds though."
"I wonder how long it would have taken for someone else to give up their seat if you hadn't done that."

Someone was bound to do it eventually because of societal pressure, and it just turned out to be me. "No use worrying about that."
We both turned to see the new person walking in at the same time.
It was the girl who had gotten mad at me.
I looked down, and the guy next to me looked confused.

She sat beside him. I was on the left, him in the middle, and her on the right. In what seemed to be an attempt to break the silence, I spoke up.
"What is your name.?" Only, I wasn't asking her.

"Kiyotaka Ayanokoji."

It was unique, and I liked it. "Katigiri Yuuichi."
"Nice to meet you, Katigiri."
I nodded in response.

The girl gave us a glance, and we both sensed it.
"Don't you usually say, 'nice to meet you to' when someone tells you their name?"
She was completely correct, but I had planned this out.

"Why don't you tell me your name, so I can try again?"
She hesitated, glaring at me.
"Suzune Horikita."
"Nice to meet you, Horikita."

She ignored me, ironic.
After that, a guy in the front spoke up to the entire class. "Let's all introduce ourselves to get to know each other better, everyone!"
"My name is..."

I tuned him out, I had no interest in this. So, for the first time in three days, I slept.

I could feel someone's gaze on me as I fell asleep on my desk.